British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

When this was being discussed on the kent site a couple of weeks ago, a few of us thought it was 31st July, but Connor Dugard posted saying the end of August.

When this was being discussed on the kent site a couple of weeks ago, a few of us thought it was 31st July, but Connor Dugard posted saying the end of August.

If that is so then Joe Jacobs is indeed the answer. Without a club and on his web site last week says he is anxious to get a new team place.

I would imagine Connor knows that.

Jacobs got given a new Championship average of like 4.6 something. So his NL average is double tha as his 8.63 NL average isn't current (it was attained in 2015).

Jacobs got given a new Championship average of like 4.6 something. So his NL average is double tha as his 8.63 NL average isn't current (it was attained in 2015).

That does not leave many options then, perhaps Greaves or Bailey whose championship clubs do not ride at home on Saturday.

An outside chance is to get Danny Spiller back for a couple of months now exam time is over. Only 6.6 but probably improved by now.

Unfortunately think it'll be guests or r/r with the limited options,and reckon if Cradley don't make the playoffs,Danny Ayres will become a 'regular'if we get to the finals.

As I understand it the cut off is only the late September date for completed matches to determine the play off competitors. At the last main AGM there was a new rule introduced stating that there could be no re- declarations after July 31st . (I believe this was to stop some of the former Elite short term manipulations for the play off's Hancock/Poole, Woffendon/Wolves Etc.

I don't recall any announcement relating to the NL but I think they are operating to it. Jayne at Buxton will know more than me so she might give us an informed answer if we ask her kindly.

As you asked so nicely :D The cut off was originally the 31st July in line with the other leagues but it has reverted to the 28th August to take effect for the 31st August.

• Like 1

i'm sure i've read in the s/star in the last few weeks that spiller has chosen to represent germany so wouldn't that now prevent him riding N.L. ?

As you asked so nicely :D The cut off was originally the 31st July in line with the other leagues but it has reverted to the 28th August to take effect for the 31st August.

Thank you Jayne it is nice to know there is someone on the inside who is happy to communicate with us. No doubt why so many want to see Buxton do well.

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Unfortunately think it'll be guests or r/r with the limited options,and reckon if Cradley don't make the playoffs,Danny Ayres will become a 'regular'if we get to the finals.

So Danny Ayres gets 2 cracks at winning the league ???

What a farce !

So Danny Ayres gets 2 cracks at winning the league ???

What a farce !

I suppose similar to Shanes and Davey last year for Birmingham, had a second chance to help win the league. Happens all the time in all leagues every year,right or wrong.

Actually having brought up Shanes, maybe he would be willing ride in the nl again for the rest of the season. Think he'd fit average wise but grass track/long track commitments could be a problem.

With fixtures coming up does anyone have or heard of any dates for the kent match the NL one as that will be important to both sides.

With fixtures coming up does anyone have or heard of any dates for the kent match the NL one as that will be important to both sides.

The way they are getting behind on fixtures it would not surprise me if they made the Kent NL and NT a double header as they did with Mildenhall in 2015. If I remember rightly they charged £18. That should mean an attractive day out for a lot of Kent fans. With 30 heats, a decent size crowd and good atmosphere, plus two very close matches judging by the KO cup not so long ago. What more can a true speedway fan ask for?

The NT match is now the 26th Aug, with the NL one as you say on the 16th Sept.They always try to avoid double headers if possible,and as its a bank holiday weekend wonder if Eastie have any grass track clashes with some of their riders,hence leaving the more important league match to the 16th when they have a full team.

The NT match is now the 26th Aug, with the NL one as you say on the 16th Sept.They always try to avoid double headers if possible,and as its a bank holiday weekend wonder if Eastie have any grass track clashes with some of their riders,hence leaving the more important league match to the 16th when they have a full team.

Playing devils advocate here but at this stage of the season why is the NL meeting more important? Wouldn't Eastbourne take satisfaction out of knocking their local rivals out of a trophy competition that if the result goes Kent's way at Arlington then they'll probably win the whole thing. Plus seeing as Eastbourne will make the play-offs regardless of the league fixture result and if they slip up and Kent make the play-offs too it could make for 2 very attractive meetings!