British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Comet Dan

Workington 2017

I was planning to ask about safe places to park in Worky if visiting.

Hearing the news today I take it anywhere apart from outside the police station....

is it free to park outside the police station, or do you get charged ? ;)

is it free to park outside the police station, or do you get charged ? ;)

it is free to park outside the police station , just dont tell the local fuzz . the downside is that you may come back to a pile of scrap metal , or if its a Renault a pile of mouton plastic . but you do get a carrier bag to take your car home in !

• Like 1

it is free to park outside the police station , just dont tell the local fuzz . the downside is that you may come back to a pile of scrap metal , or if its a Renault a pile of mouton plastic . but you do get a carrier bag to take your car home in !

is it a 'bag for life', or one of the more sturdy ones (38p) ? ;)

like a marriage , its a bag for life ..ooppsss ! :nono:

• Like 1

You obviously know little about TJ. His reputation is built around his all round ability to score

well at home and away.

Reputation?? He's just an average speedway rider, not the best and not the worst....

I am hoping to visit the Workington speedway a few times this season. Could anyone please tell me whether there is still a hotel in the centre of Workington that gives a discount for people going to the speedway? Thank you

Thank you, much appreciated :D

Can recommend it, too. Pretty reasonable, clean, comfortable rooms and a buffet breakfast.

• Like 1

What sort of price range for the Waverley?

I think I paid £40 for a single room last season. They have bumped me up to a double before with no extra charge.

Its within walking distance of the town and the track and its better than anywhere else I have stayed overnight when I have watched the Comets.

• Like 1

I may give the waverly a try in may, I normally stay at the premier Inn in Whitehaven

No comparison. About half the price, drink before, during and after the meeting (if you want) because you can walk to the track and a huge breakfast thrown in.

Don't be put off by the slightly scruffy exterior. For the price, its the best you can get in the area.

The only thing I would say is you're probably better off eating and drinking in Wetherspoons (that's in walking distance too).

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1