British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Comet Dan

Workington 2017

No comparison. About half the price, drink before, during and after the meeting (if you want) because you can walk to the track and a huge breakfast thrown in.

Don't be put off by the slightly scruffy exterior. For the price, its the best you can get in the area.

The only thing I would say is you're probably better off eating and drinking in Wetherspoons (that's in walking distance too).

We always go for meals in the Waverly when up in Workington. Staff very pleasant and speedway friendly and food is excellent.

I think I paid £40 for a single room last season. They have bumped me up to a double before with no extra charge.

Its within walking distance of the town and the track and its better than anywhere else I have stayed overnight when I have watched the Comets.

Hi, did you book on line or by telephone? I have looked at various dates on their website and every one is coming up as "no rooms available".

Hi, did you book on line or by telephone? I have looked at various dates on their website and every one is coming up as "no rooms available".

They probably put them up during the speedway season. Supply and demand, you know what these hoteliers are like. ;):cheers:

Edited by tyretrax

To get the deal, I phoned.

Mind you, if the Sheffield lot go there I'd think again -idle, uncouth layabouts, the lot of them. :o:D;)

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Have stayed at the Waverly many times, and if you state at the time of the booking your there for the Speedway i have found they are more than accomadating.

Twice ive stayed there in recent years and they have had the Speedway grand Prix on in the early hours of the morning, the only down side was the drinking went on longer, but we still made the good breakfast in the morning

i have a two man tent and anyone can use it . breakfast can be provided .

naxt best thing is prob premier inn @ howegate . between whitehaven and workington . or i do BELIEVE there is one just outside of

cockermouth .. nice place too . ( just off the cockermouth roundabout .(A66)

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

I stay at the Howgate one, they have just built or are still building another hundred or so rooms

Also Travelodge on the A66 Cockermouth roundabout and a new Premier Inn being built at the roundabout too.

I see on the SGB site, that Ty Proctor will NOT be in the Country for the Ben fund meeting.

I sincerely hope that the fella's NOT gonna pooh on our promotion AGAIN.

Edited by workyboy

I see on the SGB site, that Ty Proctor will NOT be in the Country for the Ben fund meeting.

I sincerely hope that the fella's NOT gonna pooh on our promotion AGAIN.

David howe would be a better option imo.

Did anybody at the Pearson / Tatum night ask about the Sky pull out ?