British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

I am told 'good news, soon'.

I sincerely hope there is good news. As much as you need your big set ups likePoole and Belle Vues etc, we need our Plymouths too. We need its eccentricity, and If Ealing studios did Speedway films...:D

Had a message today that the club has been sold and, pending BSPA approval and conclusion of a lease for the track,Plymouth will be in the NL in 2017.

Hopefully, there won't be any problems with either of the latter.

This is fantastic news. SBA is one of my favourite tracks and their fans are some of the best in the sport.

Had a message today that the club has been sold and, pending BSPA approval and conclusion of a lease for the track,Plymouth will be in the NL in 2017.

Hopefully, there won't be any problems with either of the latter.

This is fantastic news. SBA is one of my favourite tracks and their fans are some of the best in the sport.

I'm glad this has been resolved. The local fans are quite against the prospect of NL running. The NL is a different league compared with the last time the Devils competed in it.
  • Like 1

Then the local fans are wrong. I think that both Birmingham and Eastbourne fans will agree that moving to the NL was a good idea: the racing is great and the season was wholly enjoyable.

• Like 4

Then the local fans are wrong. I think that both Birmingham and Eastbourne fans will agree that moving to the NL was a good idea: the racing is great and the season was wholly enjoyable.

it is true. It may start off slow with the younguns but once they get going it can be really good racing

They should sign Govier at reserve and a couple of the old guard will likely return, for example Smart, so the team should be decent enough too.

I would be surprised if Mattie Bates and Richard Andrews weren't involved if Plymouth do emerge in the National League.

• Like 1

Smart... Kyle Hughes .. brendan Johnson would be three targets for sure

is that you in the no again or just surmising which you seem to be very good at if he wants the fans onside he will not sign govier or smart or bates because frankly there hopeless or over the hill for what is out there.

I really do believe they will have to try and sign some of the top national league riders I think people are slowly coming round to the idea of national league but I think they will want a winning team not a team of wobblers that's what the mdl is for developing riders for the national league and beyond if they go down that route they will be in trouble before they even start.

is that you in the no again or just surmising which you seem to be very good at if he wants the fans onside he will not sign govier or smart or bates because frankly there hopeless or over the hill for what is out there.

Darren alias noname is not in the know. If he was he would know that Plymouth is one of Brendan Johnsons most hated tracks.

• Like 1

Not in the know just stating what my choices would be.. solid performers and good knowledge to have in the pits for some younger riders..

Darren alias noname is not in the know. If he was he would know that Plymouth is one of Brendan Johnsons most hated tracks.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be good around there now.. when was the last time he rode it ?? I would say it's a good few years ago.. he used to hate it but I would bet he doesn't now young riders who couldn't handle it used to hate it quite a few riders hated the track usually because of the waves going into bend 3.. of course if you know him go check with him.. the last time I spoke to him about speedway he didn't hate it at all.. and I would say while Brendan is hopefully going to be fit for next years racing you try not to tell potential promoters wrong facts about riders.. that's unfair to the riders

Poorly informed really.. tut tut

Edited by no name

Not in the know just stating what my choices would be.. solid performers and good knowledge to have in the pits for some younger riders..

Doesn't mean he wouldn't be good around there now.. when was the last time he rode it ?? I would say it's a good few years ago.. but I would say he doesn't hate it.. of course if you know him go check with him.. the last time I spoke to him about speedway he didn't hate it at all..

Poorly informed really.. tut tut

British under 21's Plymouth 15/03/13

Brendan Johnson - 2, F, F, F = 2

I am not the one poorly informed.