British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

British under 21's Plymouth 15/03/13

Brendan Johnson - 2, F, F, F = 2

I am not the one poorly informed.

Blimey 3 years ago.. rider can change you know.. and you know dare I say improve..

Well if you know him go ask him the same question you just said he hated it.. he was out injured last year and I hope he will be ok to ride next year .. i suggest you go speak to him and ask him before putting out on a public forum that the potential new promoters could be looking in on stating he hates plymouth.. potentially writing off a chance of a team place for next year..

Well if you know him go ask him the same question you just said he hated it.. he was out injured last year and I hope he will be ok to ride next year .. i suggest you go speak to him and ask him before putting out on a public forum that the potential new promoters could be looking in on stating he hates plymouth.. potentially writing off a chance of a team place for next year..

promoters would be stupid to go off the forums opinion... it's unofficial and 75% of the time inaccurate. If they were interested in him they can phone him and ask him not write him off because any old Tom Dick and Harry say he is no good
  • Like 1

promoters would be stupid to go off the forums opinion... it's unofficial and 75% of the time inaccurate. If they were interested in him they can phone him and ask him not write him off because any old Tom Dick and Harry say he is no good

I hope you are right he is a damn good rider and I know he would do a good job for any team on any track much like Kyle and Lee..

Home track knowledge is better must always win at home..

Best of luck to the new promotion on building a great team

seems roguetrader has had a change of heart and deleted his comments..

but thanks for backing that one up Falcon Hammer

• Like 1

British under 21's Plymouth 15/03/13

Brendan Johnson - 2, F, F, F = 2

I am not the one poorly informed.

Tbf a certain Adam Ellis also fell 3 time in the same meeting, I wonder of he has improved in years as well.....
  • Like 2

My personal feeling of the popular names mentioned is that Brendan has unfinished business on the Island, Shanes will be back at Kent & if memory serves me right Matt Bates had to retire from racing due to his knee?

On the flip side i think Boxall, Andrews & Govier are highly likely along with a second halfer.

My personal feeling of the popular names mentioned is that Brendan has unfinished business on the Island, Shanes will be back at Kent & if memory serves me right Matt Bates had to retire from racing due to his knee?

On the flip side i think Boxall, Andrews & Govier are highly likely along with a second halfer.

would love to know what boxhalls average would be in the NL... watching him in the prem this year around SBA he was quick.. he will ruin the NL around the SBA..

Im guessing Boxall would be a 10+ average. I don't think he is the force he once was but still a joy to watch especially at NL level providing he is on a reliable bike.

Im guessing Boxall would be a 10+ average. I don't think he is the force he once was but still a joy to watch especially at NL level providing he is on a reliable bike.

i agree with you on that one.. would you use him on a 10+ average I think using that much on one rider could be a stretch too far.. for a balanced team

i agree with you on that one.. would you use him on a 10+ average I think using that much on one rider could be a stretch too far.. for a balanced team

If the number of teams in the NL & points limit stays the same a 10+ rider could well become appealing. Last year teams were struggling to build teams near to the limit due to the lack of riders with established averages. That said there are plenty who have upped their averages from last season so it might level out but i would rather build a team with a 10+ rider and a longer tail that is up to the 40 point mark than a balanced team that only just gets over the 36 base line.

• Like 1

If the number of teams in the NL & points limit stays the same a 10+ rider could well become appealing. Last year teams were struggling to build teams near to the limit due to the lack of riders with established averages. That said there are plenty who have upped their averages from last season so it might level out but i would rather build a team with a 10+ rider and a longer tail that is up to the 40 point mark than a balanced team that only just gets over the 36 base line.

good point... well put..

What about Steffen Nielsen I would rather have him at no 1 if possible

Not convinced a 750 mile round trip would be financially feasible for either party in NL, to be honest.

• Like 1