British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

if it is thats a steal..

It surely can't be right, I'm just looking to be corrected :P Was it too long ago to use Boxhall's last average in the NL?

Just purely on location they could go with:

1 Steve Boxall 10.30

2 Richard Andrews 4.36

3 Lee Smart 5.71

4 Mattie Bates 4.82

5 James Shanes 8.53

6 Tyler Govier 3.31

7 Henry Atkins 3.00

Or even nick phillips instead of Henry

Where's this dude got 10.30 from?

I noticed at the beginning of 2016, they seemed to just double Luke Bowen's average, is this right?

In that case it would be 10.30, not so attractive now... :( And that's where the other person got the figure from, it makes sense now

Edited by Dandelion

I "think" its PL average x 2. Although there is some rule about not being able to sign for a National & Championship team at the start of the season if the Championship average is over 4 i believe?

I "think" its PL average x 2. Although there is some rule about not being able to sign for a National & Championship team at the start of the season if the Championship average is over 4 i believe?

Oh I see, but will the likes of Ashley Morris, Max Clegg and Adam Ellis still be allowed to ride if they already have a NL average?

Oh I see, but will the likes of Ashley Morris, Max Clegg and Adam Ellis still be allowed to ride if they already have a NL average?

They can't ride NL if they start the season with a Championship place.

S4K is right, the conversion is PLx2 but you use whichever is higher of that figure or the latest NL figure, and I can't remember Boxall's without checking.

Edited by Islander15

What is the conversion rate for PL to NL?

If it's PL average * 1.4 my calculation has Steve Boxall at 7.21, but that surely can't be right

If Richard Hall had a NL average from 2005 or whatever it was then Boxall has one form a couple of years ago at Kent. Must be about 10.5?

If Richard Hall had a NL average from 2005 or whatever it was then Boxall has one form a couple of years ago at Kent. Must be about 10.5?

9.56 for Kent 2013

• Like 1

Great news to see Plymouth speedway to continue,hope all goes well and I will come and support the Devils a few times next year,hope it gets well supported and promoted.

• Like 4

Great news to see Plymouth speedway to continue,hope all goes well and I will come and support the Devils a few times next year,hope it gets well supported and promoted.

Thanks mate good luck to the rebels in the big league👍
  • Like 1

BBC Spotlight news feature from tonight.

Speedway starts at 19 minutes 11 seconds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0833gb6

Nice one Mark Phillips ...definitely got the face for radio interviews !! LOL . I have posted on facebook a thank you to everyone who has messaged, commented, phoned , text yesterday .....from Mark and I a big thank you for the superb welcome and support we have received since the announcement ...onwards and upwards for the MIGHTY Plymouth Devils!!

Read more: http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/8249/silly-season-2?page=18#ixzz4QoxsDrA7

• Like 2

Great to see that Plymouth will continue, good luck next year. Hopefully those who have doubts about the drop into the NL give it a chance, I'm sure they'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

Did crowds increase when they went PL?

That's hard to estimate. The first PL fixture in 2011 against Sheffield had to have been Plymouth's record attendance (in my opinion). Attendances were maybe slightly higher initially. Mike Bowden wanted to take Plymouth back down to NL in the autumn of 2012 maybe because crowds weren't big enough even then? What's certain in my mind was how crowds had dropped off over 2015/16, though there was a spike during the play off run. Edited by burrito
  • Like 2

Birmingham's crowds certainly increased when they went into the NL.