British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

Here we go again

Lewy hear you go again jumping on the band wagon,fact only the two supporters who visited the range Know the true facts!

I know two people who spoke to cd in person and he wasnt interested,however with the new regime running the club things may have changed

To clarify, all I can tell folks is that prior to my taking over, an approach was made to Mr Dawson which was unsuccessful. There are stories on this but as I do not have hard facts I will not comment.

All I can tell you is that I have, via a number of avenues, tried to have a face to face but this has not been possible. Other approaches via email, letters and cards have elicited no response.

Whether this is due to previous contact or simply because he does not feel there would be a return on his investment is purely conjecture.

Regards

Re the Range.

Thanks Chris,

Yes like everyone, chased Mr Dawson but he hides very well and as you say it was blown earlier. An approach in more recent times was also fruitless and seemed to have shut the door permanently.

Best wishes, Roger

Hi Devilman Not the best place to discus this I know, but the new promotion would do well to invite CD & guest to the arena & trust they like what they see. I have meet CD face to face he's a very down to earth person despite his wealth & most importantly has a motorcycle background............. Good luck to the devils for 2017, can you confirm your race day... not Fridays PLEASE!

Hi Chris,

As I have said before ideas are always welcome and acted upon.

Can I ask if you have any personal contact with CD? If so an introduction would be priceless.

I do know of some of his haunts but I am very wary of offending and whilst I have an inkling of his former contact with the Devils I really do not know what that has left him thinking of us.

I have always thought it would be a great tie up both in Plymouth and on the road with his expanding empire.

I have also been in contact with over sixty different companies, large and small, national and local in the search of the right deal.

So my number is 07739 729093 if you read these boards Mr Dawson, I would love to talk over a coffee, business or not.

couple of years ago invited CD to come to SBA any Saturday for a blast round, I would have provided my ex Emiliano Sanchez bike which at that time was immaculate no cost to him at all

didn't get a reply BUT whether he actually got the offer is another matter since devils PL promotion folded bike has been robbed of all the good bits, returned with carb gone damaged frame parts, crap wheels,, unserviced engine thanks guys.

Just watching Daytona 24 hours one car sponsored by Florida tourist board why not give Devon tourist people a go OR the Mayflower 400 promotion committee ring Plymouth city council 668000? and ask to speak to the office.

Pretty sure he has sold all his equipment but you never retire at his age

yes Reece sold all his equipment to concentrate on his education and exams. Known the family for many years and I know he still would like to ride but still has exams etc and no bikes.

• Like 1

Hi Barncoose boy,

I am certainly not impressed with what happened to your bike, my philosophy is always to return a borrowed item in at least as good a condition as it was when borrowed. I suspect from your comment this would have been your way also.

Back to CD himself, he appears to have created a very effective filter to any approach however tempting.

Reference the Mayflower 400 link, I am already networking via the Chamber of Commerce but once again thanks for your ideas which are very welcome.

Regards

• Like 2

there are various cafes around the city where CD goes for breakfast one in Sutton Road, Hoe front, and Cremyll ferry.

I understand he WAS a regular visitor until a former promoter tried tucking him up. That ended ALL his sports sponsorship.

there are various cafes around the city where CD goes for breakfast one in Sutton Road, Hoe front, and Cremyll ferry.

I understand he WAS a regular visitor until a former promoter tried tucking him up. That ended ALL his sports sponsorship.

he certainly was a regular always parks his bentley in the car park.. if he was or wasnt messed about with is by the by really.. i douby very much he will come back to Plymouth and i would suggest frequenting cafe's looking for him would result in a restraining order lol

He was messed about by your ex bloody father in law,Darren I'm sure your a nice guy and all that but it's bloody infuriating you keep defending him say it as it is some of the stuff Bowden did was just damn right wrong.

Send him a couple of complementary season tickets, it won't cost anything.

• Like 2

He was messed about by your ex bloody father in law,Darren I'm sure your a nice guy and all that but it's bloody infuriating you keep defending him say it as it is some of the stuff Bowden did was just damn right wrong.

ok please explain how i am defending him ?? all i said if he was or wasnt is by the by never said he did or didnt do anything. and to be honest i think you need to get out of that era and concentrate on what is coming for you with Laurence and Mark at the helm you are in very good hands stop going back on the past i am really sure the two guys running it now are not looking back at what has gone on... its one company chris dawson although a nice bloke is now protected by so many gate keepers you wont get to him unless you bump into him.. back when he sponsored the Devils he wasnt as big as he is now..

still plenty of businesses in and around the Plymouth area stop harping on about one of them.

i need to clarify here i have zero allegance to Bowden or his family i have been messed about more than you guys ever have by them.. it would be a day too soon if i saw them again.. there are however some nice bowdens in the family and they are not all like Mike.. i spent a lot of time trying to defend him on here in the past but i was fighting a fire with a fire but i was also trying to defend the team..

the team is the one you need to get behind now.. forget bowden ever happened and move forwards.. thats my advice take it or not mate i wont fall out with anyone over Mike Bowden because no matter what you tell me i know far worse..

• Like 1

ok please explain how i am defending him ?? all i said if he was or wasnt is by the by never said he did or didnt do anything. and to be honest i think you need to get out of that era and concentrate on what is coming for you with Laurence and Mark at the helm you are in very good hands stop going back on the past i am really sure the two guys running it now are not looking back at what has gone on... its one company chris dawson although a nice bloke is now protected by so many gate keepers you wont get to him unless you bump into him.. back when he sponsored the Devils he wasnt as big as he is now..

still plenty of businesses in and around the Plymouth area stop harping on about one of them.

i need to clarify here i have zero allegance to Bowden or his family i have been messed about more than you guys ever have by them.. it would be a day too soon if i saw them again.. there are however some nice bowdens in the family and they are not all like Mike.. i spent a lot of time trying to defend him on here in the past but i was fighting a fire with a fire but i was also trying to defend the team..

the team is the one you need to get behind now.. forget bowden ever happened and move forwards.. thats my advice take it or not mate i wont fall out with anyone over Mike Bowden because no matter what you tell me i know far worse..

Well said no name , we are all looking forward to the new venture that is Plymouth Speedway, The New Beginning....