British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

As I haven't got a private jet, I agreed to look after his bikes, collect and deliver him ,from and two the airport and given him overnight accommodation in my Pub, WHAT ELSE CAN A GOOD BOSS DO !! Lol. Might even give him a free sesh on the beer for every maximum he scores....

Well it looks like your offer of free beer is safe at the moment! However, that could change when he is bike and race fit.

• Like 1

A bitter cold windy night down at the SBA,yet a warm feeling of good racing and competitive speedway.

Once again young Henry Atkins impressed me and others,this young lad will be up at the top in no time.

You could see Benji still had trouble with his knee yet tried very hard for the points he got,more to come from him.

Steve just not there last night yet still put in a very strong night.

The others tried hard,but we were up against quite a strong balanced team.

I stayed right to the end,well worth the entrance fee last night.

Yes they lost but a good nights racing.

• Like 2

A bitter cold windy night down at the SBA,yet a warm feeling of good racing and competitive speedway.

Once again young Henry Atkins impressed me and others,this young lad will be up at the top in no time.

You could see Benji still had trouble with his knee yet tried very hard for the points he got,more to come from him.

Steve just not there last night yet still put in a very strong night.

The others tried hard,but we were up against quite a strong balanced team.

I stayed right to the end,well worth the entrance fee last night.

Yes they lost but a good nights racing.

I enjoyed it.

Good racing, no dust (remarkably considering the wind) and all done in 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Racing last night was good and I enjoyed it. Obviously you want your team to win, but if it doesn't, then what more could you ask for than decent racing.

First visit to Plymouth and really enjoyed it, winning helps but decent meeting with a few decent passes but plenty of close racing. Seemed a good set up all round ,we got welcomed with smiles and pleasantries at the entrance and programme booth, small thing but important I think. Was tempted on the way down to stop off at Somerset instead but glad we carried on. 4 tracks to go to complete the set

Yes there was some close racing, and like you say plenty of smiling faces to welcome us, mind you most of those smiles had disappeared by the end of the evening, due for the most part to a bitterly cold wind. No dust but i got covered in shale after the first race so beat a hasty retreat to another viewing point :D . I thought there was a good turnout of Heathens fans, i would like to thank the promotion for getting through the proceedings pretty quickly it wasnt a night to be hanging around. There were a fair few children their which is always nice to see, the problem speedway has is retaining the kids interest.

On to the racing Cradley were never seriously threatened though their were some promising displays from the Plymouth boys. Stevie B is probably a little disappointed he couldnt stop Dan the man from getting his Max. Ben Wilson was a good guest for Tom P, Dan G seemed to be finding his best form, solid backing from Luke & Joe, probably Ryan and Connor were a little Disappointed with their points returns, but no lack of effort on there part, for Plymouth Steve B was doing his best to topple the Heathens Ht leaders, but wasnt making the starts, Benji obviously his injury isnt helping him, Smartie was solid if not spectacular, Young Henry A looks a fine prospect for the future, and is one to keep an eye on, probably the most important thing to come out of this meeting for Plymouth was that Richard Andrews seemed to be showing a return to form, he just needs to keep that Thumb from getting injured fr the rest of the season, i think The Devils have something to build on, on Track. That mascot you have doing some laps, dont know who he is or how old, but from what i saw he needs looking after, could be someone, along with Henry, that could keep Plymouth running for years to come. :t:

Off Track i think someone needs to be getting out and about around Plymouth with some promotion, i dont think Devonians have taken to the drop back to NL racing yet, i thought it looked like there were about 250 ish in numbers which taking away the Cradley fans ( again around 100 ish) meant their would only be about 150 Devils fans supporting them. It needs some IOW type promotions to be done, look outside of the normal avenues of promotion guys, dont rely on the old tried, and failed ideas.. Tesco community could be a way forward, and Lidl seem to be interested in promotions, possibly try bring a friend for a fiver or 2 for a Tenner on the less attractive nights, a fiver income is better than nowt.. :D.

I know you read these Lorro im trying to be positive here, no criticisms meant to anything or anyone.. good luck to everyone down their, just stay positive and things will turn around..

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

think your counting is failing you Paul !! Naturally I know the figure of attendance and you are well off . As for advertising we have done a lot and doing even more ... kids for free is working and we are in several schools over next few weeks handing out fliers and special tickets. We got a full page in the local paper FRIDAY and have rider articles in this and the St Austell papers. we have an advert in the local magazine that goes out to 47000 homes and had a superb two page spread in this last month and another due next month. We have flier dropped local housing estates , been at local shows and a big motor cycle show last week, sponsored the grass track the other week . Posters with fixtures on are out all round the area . This week we have VIP visits from a local brownie troupe ..... so lots going on

• Like 2

Naturally you know the figures Laurence it would be worrying if you didnt :lol:, good to see you are getting out and about around your local area, its what Speedway as a whole needs to be doing more of, just dont try having those running races during the interval for over 60,s may well need the paramedics if you do :wink:, mind could have done with them last week to warm some of us up. Like i say i want to see every Team succeed, and its not easy to get back supporters once they have been lost, and its good that you are making positive efforts in that direction. :t::t: Good luck for the rest of 2017.

Can Plymouth accommodate Connor Coles in their line-up, I think granddad Bob lives local (also I can't see him continuing with Newcastle) - could be a great move for all concerned!!

Move quick before others do I recon...............Lawrence?

National Trophy finalists! It's a long wait until you find out your opponents though.

Adam roynon on his way I wonder

Edited by Phil The Ace

Phenomenal top 2 now with Roynon in! It looks a good team actually, from the Devils' point of view it's a pity they already have 2 home losses in a play-off quest.

Adam Roynon will turn out to be the signing of the year. Considering some of the serious injuries he has suffered during his career, his performances

are gutsy and quite phenominal. Will make the Devils very attractive opponents, so well done to Laurence Rogers