British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

Four riders and number 8 named tonight any guesses?

I will plump for Henry Atkins, Callum Walker, Nick Phillips & Ellis Perks with the number 8 either Stevie Andersen or George Piper.

Based on nothing other than geographic locations & previous links to the club/promoters.

Edited by Sings4Kings

Pretty sure he meant hughes!

and still probably no as it's a long way on a weekday every week.

No 1 signed but not named.

Henry Atkins, Callum Walker, Richard Andrews, Lee Smart.

Saul Bully no 8

Saul Bully no 8

Atkins might not be on Jenkins' level but will still be one of the better 3.00 riders.

Just purely on location they could go with:

1 Steve Boxall 10.30

2 Richard Andrews 4.36

3 Lee Smart 5.71

4 Mattie Bates 4.82

5 James Shanes 8.53

6 Tyler Govier 3.31

7 Henry Atkins 3.00

Or even nick phillips instead of Henry

3 correct so far :)

3 correct so far :)

3 wrong so far☺

Boxall confirmed at no 1

Edited by lewy

Saul Bully no 8

No huge surprises but the capture of Henry Atkins is a very good move. Loads of potential & excellent equipment which could see him as one of the top 3 pointers this season. Walker has had 2 seasons at NL and is still barely above 3 so needs to kick on and may find life tough if he is the main body of the team. Andrews & Smart if fit will be very solid at home but can go missing on their travels but have plenty of race wins in them. Sadly number 8's are a bit pointless with the current rules and so is the signing of Saul Bulley.

No huge surprises but the capture of Henry Atkins is a very good move. Loads of potential & excellent equipment which could see him as one of the top 3 pointers this season. Walker has had 2 seasons at NL and is still barely above 3 so needs to kick on and may find life tough if he is the main body of the team. Andrews & Smart if fit will be very solid at home but can go missing on their travels but have plenty of race wins in them. Sadly number 8's are a bit pointless with the current rules and so is the signing of Saul Bulley.

Will agree with the capture of Young Henry, Huge potential and like you say first class equipment (first class backing from his father) one to watch for next season and the future.

A No 8 in my view is a good thing for bringing on young riders.

Edited by Mikebendone

In my view a number 8 is a great thing if they are actually used. However with the restrictions that they can only take RR rides and most teams favour using their other riders limits the chances for the riders pushing for a full team slot. Personally i believe it should be guests for riders at 1,3,& 5 and compulsory use of number 8 for a missing 2,4,6 & 7.

That way it would give the opportunities to those who need them rather than drag riders along to meetings and then not use them.

Atkins might not be on Jenkins' level but will still be one of the better 3.00 riders.

Absolute no brainer signing him. I am not sure I saw him ride last season but from report I know he is pretty good.

I was impressed with Walker last season, too.

Andrews and Smart - Ok I suppose.

If Boxall is up for it, he'll be a very good number 1. There is always that doubt about his reliability, though.

• Like 1

Saul Bully no 8

Lee Smart has never been the same since his appalling crash at Berwick. Very surprised to see him on a bike again.

Hope you have a decent Team Manager ! Someone of past experience !

Please see my post from a little while ago.............

Team selection could be very interesting, I think the 4 things to consider @ this level are: Talent, Commitment, Youth & living relatively local. Therefore you can add the very talented Zac Wajknecht to the mix & I ask does anyone know where will Nathan Stoneman be living next year? Unfortunately there's not much local Grasstrack nowadays for potential Devils. With a young team you will need a good advisor (Coach) as so many riders @ this level don't even ride the bike properly = avoidable injury's & lack of progression. Best of luck to the devils in 2017.