British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

Well said no name , we are all looking forward to the new venture that is Plymouth Speedway, The New Beginning....

Mark i wish you and Laurence every luck with the team.. although i dont live in Plymouth any more i will always have a soft spot in my heart for the team and the people invovled..

I know the struggles you will have locally but i really do believe you have the best team in place to make this the success it deserves to be and i look forward to visiting this year to watch the team ride again although you may not get the top businesses involved right now when they see it is run properly they will soon be coming to you to put their name to the team.. it will take time because the Devils have been messed about by more than one promoter now and not run properly.. but i know you guys have it all under control it will just take a bit of time for people to forget the past and move on as you can clearly see by this forum topic.. !!

Edited by no name
  • Like 1

General questions: Has anyone been charged with the damage to the air fence @ the tail end of last year? What measures are being taken to stop these Morons in the future.

New cctv being installed, new fence to be erected before the meeting , taken down and stored after the meeting

That's good to hear Mark, You deserve good crowds with the population of Plymouth it must be achievable, put on a good slick show, tight racing, home wins & dancing with the Captain!

Previous visitors to the St Boniface Arena are in for a surprise this season when they see the transformation Mark and his loyal team are working on.

Still loads to do but with some good weather and a few extra hands the completion date of Friday 7th April is achievable. That night will be Meet the Riders at the Smithaleigh Hotel followed by Press and Practice on the 8th. First meeting on Good Friday 14th April opposition to be announced.

New era, New look, New optimism!

FOA Mark & Laurence

With the N.L. fixtures out tomorrow, you would do well to run on any Friday that Zummerset don't have a home fixture, that alone could add 50-100 (Exeter based) to your gate.

Any clues yet for team manager/coach? Not long now!

I thought the team manager was going to be Laurence.

Laurence, that's a big mistake in my opinion, you (along with Mark) will have more than enough to do @ home meetings. You need a team manager/coach who can give the team both riding & machine advise & just as important keep the fathers of certain younger riders in check. I wish you both the best for 2017 & may your turnstiles merrily click away!

Laurence, that's a big mistake in my opinion, you (along with Mark) will have more than enough to do @ home meetings. You need a team manager/coach who can give the team both riding & machine advise & just as important keep the fathers of certain younger riders in check. I wish you both the best for 2017 & may your turnstiles merrily click away!

been doing it for many years !! We will have plenty of back up advice on machines .

• Like 1

Wild horses wouldn't drag him away from that, Chris :D

• Like 1

I think theybheld the u21 a couple years back when the weather was dreadful and it was utter chaos. Hopefully better this time round!