British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

been doing it for many years !! We will have plenty of back up advice on machines .

With the exception of Peter Adams all the best & most successful team managers/coaches have been ex riders. Peter Adams has worked with & learnt from many top riders (O. Olsen etc.)but he is the exception. Laurence I can honestly say your talents can be better used running the overall show (i.e. CVS) ATB whatever you do.

Have you also tried the Mayflower 400 committee people for sponsorship, they need the word of the festival to be spread to as wide an area in the UK as possible it will be in 2020 the Donald I understand has been invited don't forget, if the dream team come over they could well be interested in backing a US team if not the devils

As a member of the Plymouth Chamber, well up to date with local events and opportunities.

I presume you mean Donald Duck, he will have more appeal the other Donald in the opinion of many.

Certainly the idea of the Dream Team that summer would be of interest possibly as a season opener.

With the exception of Peter Adams all the best & most successful team managers/coaches have been ex riders. Peter Adams has worked with & learnt from many top riders (O. Olsen etc.)but he is the exception. Laurence I can honestly say your talents can be better used running the overall show (i.e. CVS) ATB whatever you do.

Your views Chris. I have worked with top riders.....including Steve Bastable, Simon Cross, Erik Gundersen, Jan O Pedersen, Hans Nielsen, Greg Hanock, Team USA, Chris Harris ....worked alongside Gary Havelock at Coventry , Billy Hamill and Lance King with Team USA..... I know how to handle riders at all levels Chris . Most of the Devils side have ridden for me before so I know how they tick.

• Like 6

Sheffield did amazingly well last season, but have a look and see what their fans think of their ex rider team manager (now ex team manager).

Gary May has certainly been one of the most successful, but he never got beyond being an NL reserve or so. John Campbell often manages Edinburgh, who have also been very successful recently and he has never ridden. Eastbourne's hail of trophies over the last two seasons has been impressive and they had Glenn Martin and Connor Dugard (who have also never ridden). As you say, Peter Adams has been hugely successful and it would be unfair to say that that is down to being with top riders - the 1978 speedway yearbook (his first BL win with Coventry) states that he played a major part in that win.

Thee was no way on this earth that the team manager at Plymouth was going to be anyone but Laurence. I am biased, but I really don't see why they would need or want anyone else.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

Sheffield did amazingly well last season, but have a look and see what their fans think of their ex rider team manager (now ex team manager).

Gary May has certainly been one of the most successful, but he never got beyond being an NL reserve or so. John Campbell often manages Edinburgh, who have also been very successful recently and he has never ridden. Eastbourne's hail of trophies over the last two seasons has been impressive and they had Glenn Martin and Connor Dugard (who have also never ridden). As you say, Peter Adams has been hugely successful and it would be unfair to say that that is down to being with top riders - the 1978 speedway yearbook (his first BL win with Coventry) states that he played a major part in that win.

Thee was no way on this earth that the team manager at Plymouth was going to be anyone but Laurence. I am biased, but I really don't see why they would need or want anyone else.

Well said Halifax tiger,at this moment in time Laurence is the man for the job (being part of the new Devils set up why would you need anyone else).

All the very best for 2017 to one and all behind the Devils team.

For what its worth the manager of 2015 WORLD champions Sweden, Morgan Andersen, has never ridden a speedway bike.

Can any Plymouth fans help. I want to know what the font type is on the website. I can't find a contact on it to ask.

Strange request but hope someone can help. Thanks

Can any Plymouth fans help. I want to know what the font type is on the website. I can't find a contact on it to ask.

Strange request but hope someone can help. Thanks

The font used for the Plymouth devils is "Black chancery"

Looking forward to seeing three of the team ,Saul bulley, richard Andrews, and henry Atkins at the Plymouth Speedway Arena on completion of their sponsored cycle ride from Exeter on Saturday , the guys are expected to arrive between 2 and 3.30 pm in their quest to raise funds towards the new A+ FIM specification Briggs Airfence... designed to stop the riders from "going under the fence on impact" .. the next step in rider safety... everyone is welcome to join us lenny's catering will be in attendance

I understand there was a very disappointing turn out of workers on Sat, only 4 men plus a small group of ladies, who I am told worked their socks off and one lady even managed to get the rugby players to wash the mud off their boots BEFORE they returned to the changing rooms.

Where were all the race night people who expect to get in free on race nights snd spend their time carrying a clip board around? Lets face it, in 17 Plymouth will effectively be a community club fighting to survive, it will need people who want to help and not lots of people who are only interested in getting in free se hse been the case for the past years.

There were definitely more than 4 volunteers plus the ladies there yesterday ! We are grateful for any assistance however Saturday was for boys doing the bike ride with a reception party to welcome them into the SBA.

There will be no people walking round with clipboards looking important at all and no freeloaders!!

• Like 2

I understand there was a very disappointing turn out of workers on Sat, only 4 men plus a small group of ladies, who I am told worked their socks off and one lady even managed to get the rugby players to wash the mud off their boots BEFORE they returned to the changing rooms.

Where were all the race night people who expect to get in free on race nights snd spend their time carrying a clip board around? Lets face it, in 17 Plymouth will effectively be a community club fighting to survive, it will need people who want to help and not lots of people who are only interested in getting in free se hse been the case for the past years.

Indeed one group of freeloaders are conspicuous by their absence this winter!
  • Like 2

Indeed one group of freeloaders are conspicuous by their absence this winter!

and what a surprise Godfrey got his facts wrong again.

as these days I am on a zimmer frame and hsvent been outside the front door in over12 months I have to rely on 3rd party reports to me this one came from one of the weekends workers who was feeling very disappointed at the turn out. Talking to members of Dads army, most of them have hit the wall where you are forced to admit you just cant do it any more.

Edited by barncooseboy