British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

I have until now resisted any comment on this thread but it has to be said that certain people pledged their support and offered to help at the launch meeting. Why would you offer help and then not lift a finger? We all know who they are, they put their names down! Where was "the wall" only a few weeks before?

There has been a small but hard working group at weekends and a few who have worked all week and in all weather. Their achievements are there for all to see, a real tribute to loyalty and hard work. I would also mention some brilliant people behind the scenes who have procured materials and equipment.

• Like 1

I have until now resisted any comment on this thread but it has to be said that certain people pledged their support and offered to help at the launch meeting. Why would you offer help and then not lift a finger? We all know who they are, they put their names down! Where was "the wall" only a few weeks before?

There has been a small but hard working group at weekends and a few who have worked all week and in all weather. Their achievements are there for all to see, a real tribute to loyalty and hard work. I would also mention some brilliant people behind the scenes who have procured materials and equipment.

Better off without them anyway some of them helped out in the past because they had a personal agenda which wasnt anything to do with helping plymouth speedway good riddance imo.

I was what up at Wimbledon stadium tonight, and top west country National Saloon Stock Car #28 Ian Govier had "Plymouth Devils Speedway" in big letters on the crowd side of his car. Not sure if it's a sponsorship deal or whether Ian is just a fan but it was very prominent either way.

Just thought I would post some positivity amongst the negativity on this page.

• Like 5

I was what up at Wimbledon stadium tonight, and top west country National Saloon Stock Car #28 Ian Govier had "Plymouth Devils Speedway" in big letters on the crowd side of his car. Not sure if it's a sponsorship deal or whether Ian is just a fan but it was very prominent either way.

Just thought I would post some positivity amongst the negativity on this page.

Agree it does come across as negative but its just a hangover of whats previously gone on but overall the club is in a better situation than previous and the general feeling of optimism around.

Better off without them anyway some of them helped out in the past because they had a personal agenda which wasnt anything to do with helping plymouth speedway good riddance imo.

I speak for my self on this comment I have followed the DEVILS at home and away since speedway came back in Plymouth at the SBA. I like others worked to keep speedway going in all weathers My agenda was only to keep speedwaygoing in Plymouth,I say to you (you gave very little help in any way)but you always make comments about supporters and help given!

There just my be a reason (once again I speak for my self)why I have not been down helping.

I will still follow them at home, plus try and get to away meetings. If Devilman and yourself would like to know my reasons I will tell you face to face when the time comes.

Edited by Mikebendone

Fine Mike, I trust you are well.

You are well aware that some have a very different and apparently selfish agenda.

This is crazy.. the Team are in a new generation now with new promoters which are doing an amazing job and you guys still harp on about the past..

so what if people put their name down how do you know there are not other reasons for their non attendance it always has to be an agenda people should not feel forced to go down and if they dont should not get this kind of treatment.

if they dont go down they dont go down if its for other reasons leave them be they will pay to get in at the end of the day but if they feel like they are being looked at like this they may not turn up.

let the past go let petty jibes go.. this is a new era of speedway in Plymouth and its being run by two guys who have a lot of passion for the sport support them with everything you have they will need it for the beginning part of the season.

This topic should be about the Devils and the new team etc.. not about people turning up and not.. and Godfrey Spargo stop spreading your little rumours about what you hear is going on.. get that bee out of your bonnet and support the best you can.. if you cant do that then dont.. i am pretty sure the two guys running the team wont lose any sleep over it.

Fine Mike, I trust you are well.

You are well aware that some have a very different and apparently selfish agenda.

In stead of running these supporters down why not ask them why,from what I know none of them have a selfish agenda towards the club !

There are many outstanding unanswered things about the fan-zone, air fence collection that need closure from last season and this may be holding supporters back.

After this I feel a lot of supporters would move on.

In stead of running these supporters down why not ask them why,from what I know none of them have a selfish agenda towards the club !

There are many outstanding unanswered things about the fan-zone, air fence collection that need closure from last season and this may be holding supporters back.

After this I feel a lot of supporters would move on.

let the air fence collection go.. let the fan zone things go... all went with the old promotion who have absolutely nothing to do with the new guys.. never hold onto a grudge it will eat you up and things never move on trust me.. the new promotion are working their backsides off to give you guys the sport you love support them not harp onto the past.

let the air fence collection go.. let the fan zone things go... all went with the old promotion who have absolutely nothing to do with the new guys.. never hold onto a grudge it will eat you up and things never move on trust me.. the new promotion are working their backsides off to give you guys the sport you love support them not harp onto the past.

NO this matter requires closing with the facts and truth, you may be able to move on but I know of many who need closure on these matters (this had nothing to do with the last promoters ).

NO this matter requires closing with the facts and truth, you may be able to move on but I know of many who need closure on these matters (this had nothing to do with the last promoters ).

you need to take it up with them directly then keep it off the forum as anyone can read this all be it a new supporter if it is god help them this place can be ruthless..

Dont let it spoil the sport you enjoy in Plymouth and the new promotion.. I would guess the people involved with those things are no longer involved.. I dont live in Plymouth any more but had my hand in when i was there defending the in-defensible as in Mr Bowden.. all these things you mention about are nothing to with the new promotion or the people involved with the running of it..

would it be easier to say ( and i know nothing of it so excuse me ) all the money has gone... all the promises have gone... people lied to you.. again i dont know anything of what went on and what was said.. but if you take worst case understand that then move on..

is it that easy ?

Edited by no name

you need to take it up with them directly then keep it off the forum as anyone can read this all be it a new supporter if it is god help them this place can be ruthless..

Dont let it spoil the sport you enjoy in Plymouth and the new promotion.. I would guess the people involved with those things are no longer involved.. I dont live in Plymouth any more but had my hand in when i was there defending the in-defensible as in Mr Bowden.. all these things you mention about are nothing to with the new promotion or the people involved with the running of it..

would it be easier to say ( and i know nothing of it so excuse me ) all the money has gone... all the promises have gone... people lied to you.. again i dont know anything of what went on and what was said.. but if you take worst case understand that then move on..

is it that easy ?

Once again I say that the out standing feelings are not with the promoters,supporters who put money in buckets ,who gave money monthly ,who helped in many ways .with out closure of these matters will they put there hand in there pockets again to help (it is that easy those who know of the facts of all the money collected in just say how it was spent) CLOSURE it is that easy!!

Once again I say that the out standing feelings are not with the promoters,supporters who put money in buckets ,who gave money monthly ,who helped in many ways .with out closure of these matters will they put there hand in there pockets again to help (it is that easy those who know of the facts of all the money collected in just say how it was spent) CLOSURE it is that easy!!

i would bet my last pound it was wasted.. or it filled the gap between gate money and paying the riders which they didnt do that fully.. i would imagine you will never get a full answer as to where it went and i would bet lies would still be forthcoming..

This situation will never be solved one way or the other. Why? Because you have two parties and you have the followers of those two parties. Each will not have a bad word said against the person that they believe is speaking the facts, (rightly or wrongly). Where monitory sums are concerned everyone steps on very thin ice as no matter what one says the other will question it, (again rightly, or wrongly). But most important of all in saying things of a monetary foundation you are laying yourself open to legal proceedings. You will never know or find out everything that you may desire, as every time a so called fact is stated someone will always question it, as there is always two sides to every coin, (pardon the pun). There are so many stories of the past that even if the truth stood up and hit us in the face it would still be questioned. As has been said the new era and new future is ahead of Speedway in Plymouth, and if one thing is certain the people in charge know a hell of a lot more than any of us keyboard political boffins, as to who to trust and what to trust and to defend their interests towards the future. As painful as it may be to all concerned if involved in the past or as an onlooker, the past is the past, there will always be rumour and speculation, that will never go away, Hell will freeze over first. Only we can make the difference and box the past and shelve it for the benefit of Plymouth Speedway of the future. It takes a better and stronger person to accept the situation knowing there may never be answers to certain things and move on. And for the benefit of Plymouth Speedway that is the only path that is open and clear if speedway is to remain in Plymouth and let the pain of the past die once and for all.

• Like 1

This situation will never be solved one way or the other. Why? Because you have two parties and you have the followers of those two parties. Each will not have a bad word said against the person that they believe is speaking the facts, (rightly or wrongly). Where monitory sums are concerned everyone steps on very thin ice as no matter what one says the other will question it, (again rightly, or wrongly). But most important of all in saying things of a monetary foundation you are laying yourself open to legal proceedings. You will never know or find out everything that you may desire, as every time a so called fact is stated someone will always question it, as there is always two sides to every coin, (pardon the pun). There are so many stories of the past that even if the truth stood up and hit us in the face it would still be questioned. As has been said the new era and new future is ahead of Speedway in Plymouth, and if one thing is certain the people in charge know a hell of a lot more than any of us keyboard political boffins, as to who to trust and what to trust and to defend their interests towards the future. As painful as it may be to all concerned if involved in the past or as an onlooker, the past is the past, there will always be rumour and speculation, that will never go away, Hell will freeze over first. Only we can make the difference and box the past and shelve it for the benefit of Plymouth Speedway of the future. It takes a better and stronger person to accept the situation knowing there may never be answers to certain things and move on. And for the benefit of Plymouth Speedway that is the only path that is open and clear if speedway is to remain in Plymouth and let the pain of the past die once and for all.

Just sweep it under the carpet and forget about it,if that is the case then I feel that it would take a lot for me and others to put money in a bucket again.

This matter is nothing to do with past promoters,they did not collect the money to save the Devils .The facts are out there?