British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

The questions re the collection for the air fence has already been answered months ago on the Proboards.

No matter what is thrown at the Fanzone last year, without it we would have no future to discuss now. All the supporters contributions, events and commercial revenues were handed over to the then promotion.

Regretfully there continues to be the same group of malcontents who cannot move forward and cowardly hide behind keyboards to snipe.

One thing for certain last year no fanzone and we would not of rode last season so i applaud them for that anyways i think "no name"is correct time to "let it go"and get behind the new regime👍

• Like 1

Just sweep it under the carpet and forget about it,if that is the case then I feel that it would take a lot for me and others to put money in a bucket again.

This matter is nothing to do with past promoters,they did not collect the money to save the Devils .The facts are out there?

Dear Mikebendone, and all other likeminded supporters, we hope you enjoy the spectacle that the new promotion will be showing you this season and beyond, although there seems to be some discontent within the followers, we hope you are able to join in the fun. As New promoters, we felt we needed some support and have received support, there was no "buckets " of cash to collect and we have to move forward . If you feel you would like to assist please do so, if you feel you don't want to assist that is also fine , we are starting on the back foot, and realise this will be the season that we need to show our abilities to enable Plymouth Speedway to thrive in the future.

We look forward to seeing all of you on our first meeting on the 14th of April. Hopefully As well as good Friday we hope it will be a GREAT Friday....

• Like 5

This evening I have had a long conversation with Ashley Taylor.

In order to clarify, all moneys from the Fanzone were paid into the Penninsula Promotions Ltd account to maintain operations or payments to guest riders for fees .

As stated before, the monies collected for the air fence are held by the Fanzone until clarification of ownership is complete. We are hoping that will then be able to clear this amount to be paid into the new fence fund.

This evening I have had a long conversation with Ashley Taylor.

In order to clarify, all moneys from the Fanzone were paid into the Penninsula Promotions Ltd account to maintain operations or payments to guest riders for fees .

As stated before, the monies collected for the air fence are held by the Fanzone until clarification of ownership is complete. We are hoping that will then be able to clear this amount to be paid into the new fence fund.

Thats good that monies raised last season by the fanzone will also help towards the new airfence this season highlighting how invaluable their efforts were and those fans who supported them in all the fund raising events they organised.
  • Like 1

Thats good that monies raised last season by the fanzone will also help towards the new airfence this season highlighting how invaluable their efforts were and those fans who supported them in all the fund raising events they organised.

I think to clarify further , It is possible that there may be monies owed for the previous old (slashed) airfence, if so ,the fanzone are looking to award the money to that person, if however the "old" airfence was donated to Plymouth Devils then the airfence collection 2016 can be given towards the New 2017 Plymouth Devils Airfence Fund. #### How devishly awkward ####

• Like 3

I think to clarify further , It is possible that there may be monies owed for the previous old (slashed) airfence, if so ,the fanzone are looking to award the money to that person, if however the "old" airfence was donated to Plymouth Devils then the airfence collection 2016 can be given towards the New 2017 Plymouth Devils Airfence Fund. #### How devishly awkward ####

Just got back in from a meeting,thank you Mark now that the facts are there on the matter of the air fence money (for me this matter is now closed) I will be following the Devils at home and away for the 2017.

So look forward to seeing you at meetings. All the very best wishes to the new promoters and the team for 2017.

• Like 4

Thanks Mike,

Delighted that you remain a Devil. I sincerely hope you have a great time at the SBA and your journeys away are safe and trouble free.

culd be a good idea to have a word with Brian ANNEAR at ST BLAZY MOTORCYCLES ABOUT HOW HE WAS ABLE TO TAKE 1/2 PAGE ADVERTS IN DAILY MIRROR BY PLAYING THE ADVERTISING DEPARTMENT, HE TOOK THE PART OF THE PAGE THEY HADNT SOLD AT PREMIUM RATES THE DAY BEFIRE PUBLICATION AND SO THEY DIDNT HAVE A BLANK SPACE ON THE PAGE THINGS MIGHT HAVE CHANGED IN THE LAST 20 YEARS

Surely Plymouth have missed a trick by losing Matt Bates to Eastbourne. I know points limits are just that but in terms of putting together a balanced side you have to think they have got this wrong. Maybe time will tell. Will be interesting to see who the 7th rider is on Friday. I suspect Plymouth will have a long tail..... Still great to still have them in the League still.

Surely Plymouth have missed a trick by losing Matt Bates to Eastbourne. I know points limits are just that but in terms of putting together a balanced side you have to think they have got this wrong. Maybe time will tell. Will be interesting to see who the 7th rider is on Friday. I suspect Plymouth will have a long tail..... Still great to still have them in the League still.

If they'd have signed him though, what 7 pointer is out there to effectively replace Compton?

• Like 1

If they'd have signed him though, what 7 pointer is out there to effectively replace Compton?

To replace Compton? Reckon my Nan would do a similar job ;)

To replace Compton? Reckon my Nan would do a similar job ;)

Not long to find out now,just over a week and the first meeting.I look forward to the first home and away meeting.

What every they do, lets try and support speedway at the SBA win or lose.

The promoters have given us the track and new air fence,The SBA looks clean an tidy,so all we need now is good dry weather and supporters to come and watch.

Best of luck to the team for 2017.

• Like 7