British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

Great to see Adam back riding, hope he stays injury free and has a good season.

Could be an interesting end to the season for Plymouth, as they do look to have a very solid team.

Great to see Adam back riding, hope he stays injury free and has a good season.

Good to see Adam back riding...but I am just playing Devils Advocate, wasn't he too good for the National League 5 or so Years back riding for Dudley ?

Its good to see talented riders but surely he's an established "Championship" level by now ?

Good to see Adam back riding...but I am just playing Devils Advocate, wasn't he too good for the National League 5 or so Years back riding for Dudley ?

Its good to see talented riders but surely he's an established "Championship" level by now ?

That's why they have such a powerful top end. But Roynon has been dropped in the Championship, so what's he supposed to do? Not ride at all?!

• Like 1

That's why they have such a powerful top end. But Roynon has been dropped in the Championship, so what's he supposed to do? Not ride at all?!

you make a fair comment of course but this isn't what the NL was for. How are Buxton and Mildenhall, etc supposed to compete with this?

• Like 1

Have to admit, he was on it last night at SBA. If Devils can get Compton moving,could cause a few problems. Shame that Atkins is in 1-5 on a 3.5 average.

Phenomenal top 2 now with Roynon in! It looks a good team actually, from the Devils' point of view it's a pity they already have 2 home losses in a play-off quest.

It is only because they lost those matches with the resultant drop in Compton, Smart and Andrews averages that they are able to make the switch. They never were in a play off quest, will now move off the bottom but still not up to several other teams standards.

Will get better home results but not a lot away where others also have good No1,s. For them to improve away Compton and Andrews have got to up there game considerably. The only one that impressed me apart from Boxall was Walker.

Henry Atkins was excellent on the island on Thursday. Another decent youngster coming through the system.

• Like 3

Henry Atkins was excellent on the island on Thursday. Another decent youngster coming through the system.

Last night he scored 16+1, but was leading another race before losing his steel shoe which threw him in all directions bar straight and finished last.

Lovely style and has all the trademarks of going a long way.

you make a fair comment of course but this isn't what the NL was for. How are Buxton and Mildenhall, etc supposed to compete with this?

The NL is made for British riders, Roynon is British, and he doesn't have a team place higher up, so it's fair, at least it's Lee Smart that's made room for him, not a young rider

Although I do wonder why they got rid of Smart and not Compton... But that's just my opinion

Because Compton is still a better rider than Smart and they had the points amazingly to bring Roynon in.

• Like 2

It is only because they lost those matches with the resultant drop in Compton, Smart and Andrews averages that they are able to make the switch. They never were in a play off quest, will now move off the bottom but still not up to several other teams standards.

Will get better home results but not a lot away where others also have good No1,s. For them to improve away Compton and Andrews have got to up there game considerably. The only one that impressed me apart from Boxall was Walker.

They're a decent team now imo as they have an awesome top 2, and probably the best in the league considering neither doubles-up so no fixture clashes. Compton is a good third heat leader and they'll always have a decent reserve in Atkins, Walker or Andrews. Especially now Andrews has found some form and he clearly knows a fast way round the SBA. They'll be hard to beat at home now and still have Buxton, Isle of Wight and Stoke away so some good opportunities for away points. They should be good for around 5th/6th place.

Compton's average was always going to fall but they've got lucky with Andrews' drop. He hit a paid maximum in the National Trophy! They also got lucky with having such a difficult first 4 league fixtures to give everyone a low average! Additionally Atkins has been impressive this season, as well as Boxall & Walker, as others have said.

Because Compton is still a better rider than Smart and they had the points amazingly to bring Roynon in.

Fair enough, unfortunately, I don't get to watch Plymouth as much as I want to, I just would have thought Smart on a smaller average and then bring in Extance or Kelsey Dugard for one of the 3 pointers, so maybe Henry or Richard can go back down to reserve?

Just a thought, but what has happened has happened :P

He will earn some easy money!