British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alfiemorris

Plymouth 2017 N/l?

Its always easy to pull in a good crowd when your at the top of the league, have a bad run and see how many turn up.

Its always easy to pull in a good crowd when your at the top of the league, have a bad run and see how many turn up.

Good point which is why its important to build a team based upon low/realistic crowds rather than over estimated crowd numbers.

• Like 1

What are the crowds like at tracks now? My mother who used to be mad about speedway but at 90 is no able to go anymore has photos of the old Sun street at Stoke with 20,000 plus there for a meeting. Good to see Plymouth still providing speedway for the public, long may it continue.

What are the crowds like at tracks now? My mother who used to be mad about speedway but at 90 is no able to go anymore has photos of the old Sun street at Stoke with 20,000 plus there for a meeting. Good to see Plymouth still providing speedway for the public, long may it continue.

I think you can take a few noughts off that figure these days.

Stoke in perticular don't think I have seen more then 150 there in recent years. For a nt match maybe 2014 I reckon there were more riders and family from the 2 nl teams and 2 mdl teams then paying customers. If there was 50 I d be suprised and I know at least 14 kent fans who went.

There are tracks that run bangers as well as speedway, and places like Lynn Ipswich arlington Mildenhall and arena the car crowds are probably double the bikes. (Maybe less so in the last few years for the latter 2)

I reckon that the average crowd last year was 4-500 now please point out if I'm wrong but with those sort of figures you should be able to put together a pretty competitive team for this league,I'm excited by it all I wasn't at first but am now we have proper owners who are willing to listen to the fans it's there business of course it is but they seem willing to listen which is a good thing I'm looking forward to taking on lakeside,Birmingham,cradley Eastbourne and the others so can't wait to find out who our new riders will be I'm sure we will be challenging for honours and someone has got to stop Birmingham why not us.bring it on.

• Like 3

Why will he be at cradley I'm only saying As I'm still getting to grips with this league and its riders

Local to the area? Girlfriend cradley fan? Ex rider and sure will want to be back?

All guess work obviously

very educated guess work you were pretty much bang on all the riders this year.

On The Devils FB:

Come and meet & greet Mark & Laurence at the Parkway social club, Ernesettle at 7.30pm Thursday 15th December

• Like 1