British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

National Development League Agm

I posted it's 13th December about two weeks ago.

True. So you did. Was that because you knew or was it a good guess in the context of the guessing game that was going on in previous pages?

So the great event is next Tuesday.

Anybody and suggestions as to what might be on the agenda apart from lowering the team average?

Hopefully, they are not going to re-brand the thing the National Leaguership or anything like that.

So will it just be 30 minutes of mutual back-slapping and then off to the bar?

Or just possibly, might there be some dynamic new initiative to re-invigorate the League such as lowering admission prices, putting on decent second halves or banning rider replacement.

Fingers crossed.

So the great event is next Tuesday.

Anybody and suggestions as to what might be on the agenda apart from lowering the team average?

Hopefully, they are not going to re-brand the thing the National Leaguership or anything like that.

So will it just be 30 minutes of mutual back-slapping and then off to the bar?

Or just possibly, might there be some dynamic new initiative to re-invigorate the League such as lowering admission prices, putting on decent second halves or banning rider replacement.

Fingers crossed.

Ditto if any of those 3 i would be ecstatic. Add in starting meetings on time & treatment as a proper league rather than the poor lower league relation and we shall be in business.

Ditto if any of those 3 i would be ecstatic. Add in starting meetings on time & treatment as a proper league rather than the poor lower league relation and we shall be in business.

Well, there we go.

If me and you like some of these changes, then we have got to be in with a chance of something coming out of this conflab.

Hooray!

• Like 1

... new initiative to re-invigorate the League such as lowering admission prices, ...

With all the concessionary admissions for kids and pensioners the average "take" is about £8 per person. £1.60 of that belongs the the Chancellor leaving just £6.40 to pay the bills with. How much lower do you want it to go?

With all the concessionary admissions for kids and pensioners the average "take" is about £8 per person. £1.60 of that belongs the the Chancellor leaving just £6.40 to pay the bills with. How much lower do you want it to go?

Maybe just to ensure that all clubs actually offer appropriate concessionary rates.

If prices are set at a realistic level then you don't need concessionary rates for old-timers.

Do you think £13 to get into Stoke, plus £1 to park your car and another £1 for a programme (total £15) represents good value for 15 minutes of racing?

No, of course you don't.

£10 admission including complimentary race card with accompanied children (1 per adult) free sounds about right to me.

Or do you think £1 per minute compares well with other entertainment providers?

If prices are set at a realistic level then you don't need concessionary rates for old-timers.

Look at the post above you and you will see that concessionary admission is regarded as one of the 5 pillars of the sport.

Look at the post above you and you will see that concessionary admission is regarded as one of the 5 pillars of the sport.

Not by me!

If your prices are realistic enough then you don't need concessions for grown ups.

If NL promoters can't make a go of it with £10 admission, they either need to get more people through the door, get more sponsorship, pay the riders less or knock it on the head.

uk martin, you didn't answer my question - do you think £1 per minute of racing compares well with other offerings?

I would like to see more racing on tracks with more than one line. Meetings to start on time, P A systems we can all hear & if you have curfew use all the time. If you have a 4 hour window to use, use it all for racing with as many races as possible & not just dragging 15 out all night. Its ment to be a development league for new riders so if you can run a second half/ MDL team please try.

I would also ask promoters to promote. An A board sticking out of the edge isn't enough.

• Like 1

Stoke should not be allowed any challenge meetings until they have completed all their official fixtures. I seem to have said this before....

• Like 1

Do you think £13 to get into Stoke, plus £1 to park your car and another £1 for a programme (total £15) represents good value for 15 minutes of racing?

No, of course you don't.

£10 admission including complimentary race card with accompanied children (1 per adult) free sounds about right to me.

​How do the speedway admission charges and extras at Stoke compare with what it costs to visit the other motorsport that takes place there?

​How do the speedway admission charges and extras at Stoke compare with what it costs to visit the other motorsport that takes place there?

A very good question, gustix.

startrax.jpg
Previews
Stoke
  • 02/01/2017 12:00 1600cc Bangers TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS, 2 Litre Bangers, Lady Bangers, Hot Rods, Junior Bangers

The ULTIMATE KINGS OF CRASH TEAM WARS! Gates Open

10:30am

NO advance tickets required, you may simply pat at the gates from 10.30.am, credit and debit card welcome - BUT you can save £2 a ticket by booking your tickets in advance by credit card or debit card by calling the office up to 22nd December.

Admission ' on the day '

Adults £16

Concession /NUS £14

Child 12 -15 £6

Accompanied Under 12's FREE

Trackside Parking [ limited ] £5

Raceday Magazine £1

Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved - Startrax | Site by Chris Frankum

Members of British Stock Car Association (F1 & F2)

& Oval Racing Council International

So it would look like the basic admission charge is £3 higher for the next banger racing bonanza.

But if you book your ticket in advance and pay by card, then you save £2.

Strangely, there seems to be no mention of the nonsensical Booking Fee that Belle Vue charged last year.

And you get a Raceday Magazine for your pound rather than a weedy bit of a programme!

So that brings the basic adult admission price down to £14 and seeing as the crash bang fun seems to go on all afternoon, this probably represents rather better value than the speedway offering.

And of course, the 2nd January meeting welcomes back the Lady Bangers, so it seems pretty good value to me!

:t:

Edited by Little Thumper

No, of course you don't.

I think referring to the pricing at "£1 per minute" is an insult to the hours of work day in, day out that promoters put in to get a meeting on. Its a very naiive point of view if I may say so, and if you compare speedway to most other sports like seeing grown men kick a ball around you might consider speedway good value for money.

I do agree that National League racing feels very much like a poor relation to the Upper leagues and it shouldn't be. As one that has been watching speedway for forty Years and my Dad before me, we actually find National League the best and we have watched every level. Seeing young rider's progress is very satisfying and I for one don't begrudge paying, in fact I am surprised its not more considering the cost of keeping the equipment on track !

Come on guys, I know its not perfect but lets get behind our Sport

• Like 3