British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

Cradley Heathens 2017

After the false start of the previous 'Crawley Heathens' thread, I thought it better to start a new threat, to allow Heathens fans and others to discuss the forthcoming season.

Amongst the apparent issues to consider are race night and how many available dates might be available at 'Monmore Wood,' the potential points limit for team building (I personally can't see it being lower than 40) and potential team lineups if clubs will be working to a 40 points limit.

Priority Number 1 - Get Danny Ayres!

Get Max and Bradley back first, then do the sums...then ask Danny as well!

Edited by berniev123
  • Like 1

After the false start of the previous 'Crawley Heathens' thread, I thought it better to start a new threat,

no need for that.... its only NL speedway

• Like 1

Rumour was that last season would be Max's last in the NL, although I guess that depends on how things go for him with team places in leagues higher up. Would certainly be a massive space to fill, but at least with us starting team building a little earlier this year we can get cracking

Rumour was that last season would be Max's last in the NL, although I guess that depends on how things go for him with team places in leagues higher up. Would certainly be a massive space to fill, but at least with us starting team building a little earlier this year we can get cracking

Max says in the Speedway Star he'd consider NL next year.

With the current rules preventing Ash from DU then there's a bit of a gap at number 1. Williamson back?

Thanks, I hadn't seen that :t:

How about this side?

Chessell - 8.57

Rutherford - 4.06

Perry - 8.12

Bowtell/Dwyer - 4.21/4.15

Ayres - 8.56

Basford - 3.15

Atkins - 3.00

Total 39.67/39.61

Edited by Sings4Kings

How about this side?

Chessell - 8.57

Rutherford - 4.06

Perry - 8.12

Ayres - 8.56

Basford - 3.15

Atkins - 3.00

Total 39.67/39.61

That looks s very vulnerable 7 imo

How about this side?

Chessell - 8.57

Rutherford - 4.06

Perry - 8.12

Ayres - 8.56

Basford - 3.15

Atkins - 3.00

Total 39.67/39.61

Three strong heat leaders, but a very long tail after that. In my opinion, riders with bigger improvements in them required at second string.

Dwyer was hitting over 5 for large parts of the past season & i think Bowtell will prosper at another track. Atkins is one of the top youngsters who seems to be a little under the radar at present. There will be teams with much longer tails than that one.

Dwyer was hitting over 5 for large parts of the past season & i think Bowtell will prosper at another track. Atkins is one of the top youngsters who seems to be a little under the radar at present. There will be teams with much longer tails than that one.

I certainly wouldn't disagree about your thoughts regarding Atkins, but I'm not sure how much further improvement the likes of Dwyer, Bowtell and Basford have in them, as they have ridden at National League level for some time in obtaining the averages they have.