British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

Cradley Heathens 2017

I think a top two of Ayers and Perry should be strong enough with so many riders like Clegg ineligible next year.

If Belle Vue don't run then Perry swapped with Bewley would work but he is just a kid and you cannot expect him to be our out and out number one.

Its going to be interesting to see who signs this year as I think the league is in a bit of a low point and we have not got to many decent riders coming through.

max clegg 10.08

danny ayres 8.56

ben hopwood 5.83

?

ben basford/Bradley andrews 3.09/3.07

kyle bickley 3.00

joe lawlor 3.00

what would that leave?

Totals 33.56/33.54 so leaves 6.44 syou you could fit Danny Phillips in on 6.25?

I think a top two of Ayers and Perry should be strong enough with so many riders like Clegg ineligible next year.

If Belle Vue don't run then Perry swapped with Bewley would work but he is just a kid and you cannot expect him to be our out and out number one.

Its going to be interesting to see who signs this year as I think the league is in a bit of a low point and we have not got to many decent riders coming through.

The National League will always have highs and lows of riders coming through. It may be hit hard this year with several riders being required for higher leagues and potentially opting out but that's progression. There have been plenty of riders who have also signed on as 3 pointers with low expectations and done exceedingly well so hopefully this season will be the same.

I cannot agree with that. Sure Ellis, Morris, probably Clegg and Branford will be moving up which just goes to show how the NL is giving these riders track time and experience to develop and move on. However look at the improvement this year of newcomers JPB, Bewlay, Smith and Thomas plus 2nd year improvers like Perks, Wood, Hume, Bacon & others. They will be taking over the mantle next year with another crop of youngsters headed by Bickley, Brennan and Jenkins coming along.

I see the NL at a high point and likely to continue so with Plymouth and Lakeside coming in. I just hope Coventry and Belle Vue continue to run NL

• Like 3

I cannot agree with that. Sure Ellis, Morris, probably Clegg and Branford will be moving up which just goes to show how the NL is giving these riders track time and experience to develop and move on. However look at the improvement this year of newcomers JPB, Bewlay, Smith and Thomas plus 2nd year improvers like Perks, Wood, Hume, Bacon & others. They will be taking over the mantle next year with another crop of youngsters headed by Bickley, Brennan and Jenkins coming along.

I see the NL at a high point and likely to continue so with Plymouth and Lakeside coming in. I just hope Coventry and Belle Vue continue to run NL

I agree that the standard is high, apart from the low limit in 2014 the league has grown stronger year on year for the last 5 or 6 years.
  • Like 1

With the expanded EL fixture list that Wolves have to comply with, will there be enough spare dates for all of Cradley's meetings to be fitted in at Monmore Green? Will Ladbrokes allow racing now on more than one night, or will Cradley have to stage some of their fixtures at Perry Barr again?

With the expanded EL fixture list that Wolves have to comply with, will there be enough spare dates for all of Cradley's meetings to be fitted in at Monmore Green? Will Ladbrokes allow racing now on more than one night, or will Cradley have to stage some of their fixtures at Perry Barr again?

I hope not, i'd rather use stoke!!

1. Danny Ayres 8.56

2. Alfie Bowtell 4.21

3. Dan Greenwood 6.82

4. Danny Phillips 6.25

5. Liam Carr 7.71

6. Bradley Andrews 3.07

7. Joe Lawlor 3.00

Total: 39.65

• Like 1

joe lawlor will be a Brummie in 2017 so you can remove him from any cradley permitations

I thought that tbh but just swap him for another 3.00 rider, in my team.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 2