British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

Cradley Heathens 2017

He never got a true average because he was not declared in any 1 -7 so his scores never really counted must have ridden for every team in the league lol

that's irrelevant the rule states that a rider with an assessed average will achieve a cma when they complete four meetings. Nothing to do with being declared in a team. This rule was brought in to prevent this exact situation happening.

that's irrelevant the rule states that a rider with an assessed average will achieve a cma when they complete four meetings. Nothing to do with being declared in a team. This rule was brought in to prevent this exact situation happening.

Exactly, which is why Brennan could only do 3 meetings despite not being declared in the Eagles side.

Also Bebee got declared in the Mildenhall team.

Edited by Islander15

think most of his rides were R/R as he was usually the number 8

Welcome to Joe.

He certainly looked to have plenty of promise when we saw him last season and, as noted above, his scores at buxton were quite staggering on occasions.

think most of his rides were R/R as he was usually the number 8

Not true he had at least 15 meetings riding in the 1-7

16.2 Match Averages

16.2.1 Established MA's are calculated...

...National League: League Meetings only.

NB: ... Riders appearing as a Guest or as a #8 are ignored."

Discuss ☺️

16.2 Match Averages

16.2.1 Established MA's are calculated...

...National League: League Meetings only.

NB: ... Riders appearing as a Guest or as a #8 are ignored."

Discuss ☺️

But guests need an established match average and when a 3.00 rider fills in they aren't technically a guest, they're a 3.00 unattached rider.

A guest rider assumes the position and average of the rider he replaces (19.13.1).

A rider without an established average does not ride that meeting as a 3 point reserve. He rides directly in place of the injured rider and assumes his average for the night and could therefore, effectively, be a 10 point number 1 for the night. Whatever his heat results on he night riding as the guest number 1 (in the eg I suggesting here) will, as stated above, be ignored for the purpose of established MA's.

A guest rider does not have to have an established MA but must be in a current team declaration (19.13.2)

What confuses people is the two types of #8 we refer to - and we shouldn't. In the case of Lawlor whose rides for Heathens last year are being queried here were as an Additional Rider (AR) as per 19.12.1

I'll shorthand/paraphrase rather than quote it all. A team using R/R nominate an AR who can take the rides of the absent rider. A rider may only be AR if not in a declared 1-7 and his MA does not exceed 3.00.

I assume it's 16.2.8 which is being cited and to that I can only conclude that at no time did Lawlor complete 4 NL league meetings. I would need more time than I have this time of night to try to find his meetings.

Does this affect Jenkins too?

Which meetings that qualify him to gain an established MA did he ride in? I don't know. Also, which meetings did Jenkins ride in?

You can be declared as a number8 and so can guest for any team, plus he didn't actually do enough league meetings for cradley as number 1 - 7 as was counted as no8 for many so does not count towards an average

You can be declared as a number8 and so can guest for any team, plus he didn't actually do enough league meetings for cradley as number 1 - 7 as was counted as no8 for many so does not count towards an average

Its not just about the number of matches for one team it is the season as a whole. Joe rode for a number of clubs including Stoke, Belle Vue and Buxton over the season in the 1-7 so should qualify to obtain a cma.

Jayne - Specifically, which meetings? What rule are you citing?

Thanks.

All NL matches and the rule is 16.2.8 - A NL rider, who is not in a NL Team declaration will be given an Established MA after completing 4 meetings, irrespective of being home or away

Edited by Jayne
  • Like 2

Jayne - Thank you for confirming it is this rule you refer to.

We now need to know specifically which meetings he rode in and in what capacity he rode. If/when I get time I'll try to find out.

I understand that rules are rules but , i do think that everyone has forgot about the young rider here who wants to get on in this sport. Do we want to hold him back or just try & screw Cradley Heathens? ( I hope the answer is neither.)