Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

Cradley Heathens 2017

With the expanded EL fixture list that Wolves have to comply with, will there be enough spare dates for all of Cradley's meetings to be fitted in at Monmore Green? Will Ladbrokes allow racing now on more than one night, or will Cradley have to stage some of their fixtures at Perry Barr again?

Big announcement tomo about the future of the club. What could this be???

Running at Monmore and Perry Barr just like 2010..better than nothing I suppose.

And apparently, they are going to be re-branded as the Cradley Homeless.

:unsure:

That will be 2018

All in regard to CRADLEY Heathens has been revealed:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.31647

I think if I was a betting type of person I'd place a £1 or 2 on cradley. not finishing their fixtures. All they need are a few rain offs/ to make it through a cup or Birmingham to make it through a cup and they could come unstuck.

I had the same thought this morning, sadly. The perils of our current situation I guess. I believe the promotion has more pride than to leave fixtures unfulfilled unless absolutely unavoidable (especially if we are in or around the playoff picture at the business end!)

That will be 2018

There's only so many times everyone (promotion, sponsors, riders, fans) can go through this in the off season without it becoming terminal. There needs to be a sliver of good news somewhere to strive towards, something to hang on to while we remain nomadic

*edited to add it's easier said than done of course

Edited by MattJ81

Well, they must be expecting the fans to stay loyal to them because I notice that on the British Speedway Propaganda Association website thingy, it says that they will be holding a season ticket sales night on Thursday December 15 at the Cradley Heath Liberal Club.

If you are fancying buying one of these season tickets, I might be inclined to offer two pieces of advice:-

1. Get some kind of written guarantee of how many meetings you might expect to see in exchange for your hard-earned dosh, in the light of speedway's end of season magic trick of making meetings disappear.

2. I would try and get to the venue pretty early. I can't imagine that a modern day Liberal Club would be much bigger than a telephone box in light of the party's popularity ratings which have gone down faster than an unsinkable boat that has just hit a bit of an iceberg (unless you live in some snobby place called Richmond Park).

Be careful out there.

:t:

2. I would try and get to the venue pretty early. I can't imagine that a modern day Liberal Club would be much bigger than a telephone box in light of the party's popularity ratings which have gone down faster than an unsinkable boat that has just hit a bit of an iceberg (unless you live in some snobby place called Richmond Park).

Be careful out there.

:t:

The Liberal club is where they held their end of season 'do'..so slightly larger than a telephone box,bit like the Tardis,looks bigger inside than from the outside.

I'm sure there will be some disgruntled fans with the prospect of returning to Perry Barr. What folks need to remember is that this is better than the alternative which was nothing at all.

We done to the promoters for getting us back to the tapes again with hopefully enough time to build a title challenging side.

Thanks to all who helped pull this off including Wolves, Brummies, Ladbrokes and (I think) GRA.

Here's to next season.

'ommer em Cradley!

Can not say i'm 100% happy about using 2 tracks but it looks to be the only way for us to continue.I surpose i will just have to live with it. :sad:

I think if I was a betting type of person I'd place a £1 or 2 on cradley. not finishing their fixtures. All they need are a few rain offs/ to make it through a cup or Birmingham to make it through a cup and they could come unstuck.

They're a proactive club that wants to win things though. As opposed to a promotion like Stoke who don't seem bothered.

• Like 1

They're a proactive club that wants to win things though. As opposed to a promotion like Stoke who don't seem bothered.

no matter if you a proactive you cannot stop the premiership meetings or Birmingham as they are running at their own tracks. You also cannot stop dog racing which is far superior so it will come down to the inability through causes other than themselves

For the sake of all the genuine Cradley Heath supporters, I'm pleased that we have been able to help resolve a tricky situation for them. I believe that the BSPA will not be so lenient with clubs who fail to complete their fixtures this coming season, and I don't think they would have accepted a club unless there was a cast iron guarantee that they had sufficient dates available to be certain of doing this.

We (Birmingham) and Cradley are rivals on the track but surely no one wants to lose one of the more successful clubs especially with doubts about at least two of last seasons National League clubs being able to continue?

Good luck to the Heathens for 2017 - let's look forward to some cracking encounters with each other, and let's not be negative.

• Like 2

First and foremost Cradley are coming to the tapes in 2017 which is the top priority and well done to all those in getting that to happen.

The disadvantages if any are for Brum but as they are the team with the target on their back perhaps that is another bonus? Cradley will get extra laps around Perry Barr before facing Brum. A few opponents will also get additional laps too before they potentially face Brum.

Im sure the fixtures will be set so that Cradley face the potentially less challenging matches at Perry Barr anyway.

The only thing i would want to know is the planned number of meetings at each venue before purchasing a season ticket.

Its crazy to think people are on here talking about cradley not completing there fixtures next season, never happened before so dunno why it should next season.

• Like 1

For the sake of all the genuine Cradley Heath supporters, I'm pleased that we have been able to help resolve a tricky situation for them. I believe that the BSPA will not be so lenient with clubs who fail to complete their fixtures this coming season, and I don't think they would have accepted a club unless there was a cast iron guarantee that they had sufficient dates available to be certain of doing this.

We (Birmingham) and Cradley are rivals on the track but surely no one wants to lose one of the more successful clubs especially with doubts about at least two of last seasons National League clubs being able to continue?

Good luck to the Heathens for 2017 - let's look forward to some cracking encounters with each other, and let's not be negative.

So, what information have you received that leads you to the conclusion that the British Speedway Propaganda Association are going to put their foot down with a firm hand?

I don't seem to have seen any mention of any action they have taken this year to punish the clubs that made little effort to fulfil their commitments to their league or the long-suffering supporters.

Perhaps they sent them a stiff letter or are making them buy a round of drinks at the annual conflab.

Edited by Little Thumper

So, what information have you received that leads you to the conclusion that the British Speedway Propaganda Association are going to put their foot down with a firm hand?

I don't seem to have seen any mention of any action they have taken this year to punish the clubs that made little effort to fulfil their commitments to their league or the long-suffering supporters.

Perhaps they sent them a stiff letter or are making them buy a round of drinks at the annual conflab.

Not sure on the tariff but clubs get fined for uncompleted fixtures.

Its crazy to think people are on here talking about cradley not completing there fixtures next season, never happened before so dunno why it should next season.

Certainly correct in the modern era, but going back in time the meetings against Halifax in 1965 and Edinburgh in 1966 were not staged, although there were many more meetings each season in those days. I am sure that with the number of teams in the league it should be straightforward enough to accommodate all of the fixtures next season, even without resorting to double headers.