British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedball

King's Lynn Young Stars 2017

Wouldnt surprise me to see Knight in the Young Stars and main team to be honest, i imagine hes mates with Dale.

Edited by therefused

When Eastbourne made the medical cover excuse last week, could see this was going to happen, Jake Knight to replace Josh in the senior team? Probably waiting for this announcement.

Very sad day for the sport but a decision that i can fully understand. As Dale has quite rightly stated the league has changed from its original ethos and it is harder and harder to compete for those clubs that dont have a big budget. Ironically it is those same clubs that couldn't compete at a higher level for the same reason that have 'helped' to make the league all about money.

• Like 9

Did not take long for jayne to turn it into another self pity thread get over yourself

Doesn't she have a point though, some of the contracts being handed out by some NL clubs make a mockery of what the league is supposed to do.

• Like 2

Awful news! Jayne definitely has a point. The standard of the league is being driven up but that also means costs are going up too. Not to mention because there was literally a record number of 12 NL teams, it's hard to find the riders to spread round the team's.

• Like 2

Riders should be paid £10 a point maximum , too many career national league riders , don't come on here and tell me how expensive it is and how your son couldn't make it pay , your in the national league it's not supposed to pay , paying riders more has gone on for years but the national league can't afford it and for those who think I rode for more than £10 a point Jayne can tell you that's what I was paid at buxton and at sittingbourne and Carmarthen before that I was on £5 a point , yes I got more in higher leagues but I saw the conference /national league for what it was and not as an income

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 4

Gutted but can't say I'm surprised. No other choice to take after Josh had made his decision.

Hopefully that won't be the end of the Young Stars but like I said previously, the league needs to look at the direction it's taking.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1

Gutted but can't say I'm surprised. No other choice to take after Josh had made his decision.

Hopefully that won't be the end of the Young Stars but like I said previously, the league needs to look at the direction it's taking.

It does, but as Dale has pointed out, it's moving in the direction that the majority want.

Sad to see Young Stars finishing , but not surprising. To many teams and not enough riders to fill them. Fell sorry for Jayne at Buxton her team are going to struggle. Teams like Birmingham and Cradley have done the National League more harm than good.

It is so difficult really, as a spectator I think the current level of the league is just right giving good entertaining speedway, and to be honest if it was just a development league similar to second half racing I don't think I could justify doing the 100+ mile round trip to Eastbourne to see that sort of racing. Sure I wouldn't be alone either. On the other side costs can't keep escalating otherwise more teams will not be able to run. Sorry I don't know the answer that everyone would approve of but I suppose the team Eastie have put together within the points limit is really the type of level it should be at. Not having a No 1 who really shouldn't be in the Nl, now seeing the fruits of developing the likes of Brennen, Powell and Wood, ie development league, but still giving good racing. Only thing doesn't need changing is the points limit that's ideal at 39 to build a sensible team, any less and the gaps in riders will become greater with more strung out races.

• Like 1

Doesn't she have a point though, some of the contracts being handed out by some NL clubs make a mockery of what the league is supposed to do.

I keep reading comments like this but never any details or authentication.

I imagine you think Eastbourne are one of them but if you saw the size of the gates you would have to wonder where the money for these so called contracts comes from. I did a rough count against Stoke and struggled to get past 150, no doubt it will be the same tonight against Plymouth. They certainly give a lot of help to riders with mechanical assistance and advice whilst the Fans do a lot like raising £900 to help Gary Cottham get a new engine. This is all good for young riders in what still continues to be regarded by some as a development league.

No promoter is going to deliberately run at a loss so I ask again, Where is the money coming from?

Bandying general statements around without any detail or proof makes them meaningless,

Maybe there needs to be something in between the NL and the MDL etc for clubs like Lynn and Buxton. Teams like Cradley, Brum and Eastie are almost too big for the NL in its current form but not big enough for the Championship, perhaps the third tier needs to be for these bigger clubs and a fourth tier created for the smaller ones with a few more senior clubs running junior sides like Belle Vue and Lynn have been.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

I keep reading comments like this but never any details or authentication.

I imagine you think Eastbourne are one of them but if you saw the size of the gates you would have to wonder where the money for these so called contracts comes from. I did a rough count against Stoke and struggled to get past 150, no doubt it will be the same tonight against Plymouth. They certainly give a lot of help to riders with mechanical assistance and advice whilst the Fans do a lot like raising £900 to help Gary Cottham get a new engine. This is all good for young riders in what still continues to be regarded by some as a development league.

No promoter is going to deliberately run at a loss so I ask again, Where is the money coming from?

Bandying general statements around without any detail or proof makes them meaningless,

Correct its just a comment that all the smaller self pity clubs say.

They dont think its got anything to do with the fact that the best young riders in the country want to ride and learn there trade with the most professionally ran clubs in the league.

Constantly read that either Birmingham ,Cradley or eastbourne offer more than other clubs with zero proof.