British Speedway Forum
Speedway28

Mildenhall 2017

And with a weak weak tail I strongly disagrees none of their 3 riders will average more than 3.5

I suspect verge avg to drop, Ruddick to get 3.2 and woods 3.25 this team will finish like the Kent team of 2015

• Like 1

Look at Birmingham's 2015 league winning performances. Almost all of their important away wins were on the back of big scores from Woods. Verge is slowly improving and Ruddick has the potential to up his average.

Remember all three will at times be facing opponents who are inexperienced reserves.

Look at Birmingham's 2015 league winning performances. Almost all of their important away wins were on the back of big scores from Woods. Verge is slowly improving and Ruddick has the potential to up his average.

Remember all three will at times be facing opponents who are inexperienced reserves.

Don't you mean Adam Ellis? Or did you mean Eastbourne? :nono:

Que?

Ellis didn't ride for Eastbourne in 2015.

And with a weak weak tail I strongly disagrees none of their 3 riders will average more than 3.5

I suspect verge avg to drop, Ruddick to get 3.2 and woods 3.25 this team will finish like the Kent team of 2015

Verge & Ruddick are both slow improvers. Even if they don't add much to their averages, they're not going to lose a lot either. Likewise Woods always hits around the 3.00 mark. So they will always have 2 reserves who will be better than the opposition's kid number 6 and useful at home, similar to Eastbourne's pairing in 2016.

The 2015 Brum side had most of thier big away wins on the back of performances from Zac Waj or Kirby. Not sure Sam Woods has ever been a match changer.

Back to Mildenhall and yes i do think they have a solid looking side but there are reliability / composure doubts surrounding Woods & Ruddick. I would bet there will be a couple of 5-0's in heat 2 over the course of the season.

The 2015 Brum side had most of thier big away wins on the back of performances from Zac Waj or Kirby. Not sure Sam Woods has ever been a match changer.

Back to Mildenhall and yes i do think they have a solid looking side but there are reliability / composure doubts surrounding Woods & Ruddick. I would bet there will be a couple of 5-0's in heat 2 over the course of the season.

You're right, I've confused Sam Woods and Adam Kirby! Woods' most significant contribution was as a member of Rye House's fours winning team.

• Like 1

Que?

See Post #77

Ellis didn't ride for Eastbourne in 2015.

See Post #77.

A nice display of bikes by the Fen Tigers @ Paradise park on Sunday, also a good turn-out of current & former riders.

Might be a good move to have a tigers reunion & get together down @ the fen in 2017 (Saturday evening) followed by with a home fixture on the Sunday.

Well done to all involved on Sunday, anybody know how many?

Mel Taylor looked young & fit enough that he could jump back on a bike tomorrow, but I don't think he would want to get dirty nowadays!

I bumped into Kevin Jolly at football recently.....he certainly has high hopes for Jordan Jenkins..

Edited by Mike.Butler

At Mildenhall Stadium yesterday evening the draw was made for the opening meeting of the 2017 season at West Row

The 'Fen Fours' will take place on Sunday 9th April at 3pm, parade at 2.45pm

Teams -

Assured Services - Stefan Nielsen, Jon Armstrong, Ryan Kinsley & Sam Woods - TM - Nigel Flatman

Browns Builders - Josh Bates, Danny Halsey, Chris Widman & Jordan Jenkins - TM Tony Davey

Manchetts - Ben Morley, Nathan Stoneman, Danno Verge & Taylor Hampshire - TM Mark Loram

D Palmer & Sons - Danny Ayres, Connor Mountain, Alfie Bowtell & Luke Ruddick - TM Robert Henry

At Mildenhall Stadium yesterday evening the draw was made for the opening meeting of the 2017 season at West Row

The 'Fen Fours' will take place on Sunday 9th April at 3pm, parade at 2.45pm

Teams -

Assured Services - Stefan Nielsen, Jon Armstrong, Ryan Kinsley & Sam Woods - TM - Nigel Flatman

Browns Builders - Josh Bates, Danny Halsey, Chris Widman & Jordan Jenkins - TM Tony Davey

Manchetts - Ben Morley, Nathan Stoneman, Danno Verge & Taylor Hampshire - TM Mark Loram

D Palmer & Sons - Danny Ayres, Connor Mountain, Alfie Bowtell & Luke Ruddick - TM Robert Henry

Well balanced teams there got the making of a cracking meeting , this is one Witches fan who will be there on April 9th .

• Like 1

In a weaker league Verge should put something onto his ave (5.6), i'll guess at Ruddick (3.0) & Woods (3.65)!