British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

I am told that the MDL (and SDL) will be going ahead with four 500cc riders this year.

Where do you get your information from? I wish people would speak to the right people first before posting things on a public forum, that is totally 100% not true at this moment in time.

No go ahead has yet been given for the MDL & SDL to run in 2017. There is an SCB meeting on April 4th and this is on their agenda to discuss in that meeting.

Also I've noticed you've mentioned that no NL riders would be allowed in the MDL & SDL in 2017. That is also wrong. As long as their NL starting average is 4.00 or below, which I asked to be change as the old rule you had to be 5.00 or below, but if your NL average went to 5.01 or above, then you could no longer do MDL unless your average went back below 5.01. Under the new rule, riders who go above 4.00 can still ride in the MDL / SDL for the whole season.

Jason Pipe

• Like 5

Where do you get your information from? I wish people would speak to the right people first before posting things on a public forum, that is totally 100% not true at this moment in time.

Jason Pipe

This is what I was told; I may have got some of it wrong, of course. I don't want to name names on a public forum, but as I understand it, it was from the right person.

Is all this MDL stuff on the Birmingham thread indicative of where the Brummies will be racing after Tony Mole retires?

Sorry brum fans for keeping off topic.

But when the scb and bspa don't do a great deal for the league (other then try dictate rules which offer no benifit) if the mdl and sdl don't get the go ahead what is stopping the leagues running outside of the authorities. Much like amateur events etc.

Stopping these leagues can only cause negative effects on British youngster development.

• Like 1

There's a MDL section elsewhere on BSF where people more expert than Brummies fans may be able to help with the answers to your questions

Hume looked good on Sat night for the Witches 8+1 from 5 rides .

Looked to be fully over the shoulder injury that finished his season last year , gonna be a big year for Danyon .

• Like 3

Hume looked good on Sat night for the Witches 8+1 from 5 rides .

Looked to be fully over the shoulder injury that finished his season last year , gonna be a big year for Danyon .

Considering he came through at the same time as Bowtell & Hunter under the same initial guidance, he's improved very fast.

• Like 2

Considering he came through at the same time as Bowtell & Hunter under the same initial guidance, he's improved very fast.

Has really come on in the last year , looked good as i have said last Sat . Quick out of the gate , brave in the 1st corner and looked quick all night .

Made one small mistake when he fell dived into the corner and slide off but that could have just have been due to the recent track changes made over the winter .

Our little band on the backstraight at foxhall the BSF MASSIF have really taken to the lad , he even came and joined us in the stands end of last season when he was injured .

• Like 3

Agree totally Pob - Danyon is a great prospect on the track and a credit to himself off it too. 👍

• Like 1

JPB has big bike problems and has withdrew from the u21 semi this evening .

Jacks 2 bikes has both been damaged recently and they havent the money to repair them at the moment.

I can only assume he will be missing the next couple of Brummies meetings as well unless the situation changes.

I would like to think he could borrow a bike of Richard Hall after all he is hes Dad.

6 (paid 7) from Reidar Replacement at Kings Lynn. Would anyone be surprised if Chris Hay's injured wrist takes about as long as Zach Wajtknecht's fingers to heal?

6 (paid 7) from Reidar Replacement at Kings Lynn. Would anyone be surprised if Chris Hay's injured wrist takes about as long as Zach Wajtknecht's fingers to heal?

The usual negativity and conspiracy theories from you then. But it's less than a month and then the new averages kick in and he'll be down at reserve anyway.

Islander come on its not like we have done it before anyway i would not say thats been negative its been positive to our chances of top 4 and before anyone crys about this league i developing youngsters chris hay is 27ish and hes rides will be taken by a 17,19 and 18 year olds which is great ...

Never been a fan of R/R but i agree it would take a fair overhaul of the rules to make things workable especially in the NL. Yes Brum have taken full advantage in the past (Sam Chapman) but plenty of others have too. The rules are there to be both adhered to & exploited.

Things will change when Hay drops to reserve & Brum could well have a problem as early reports on Hay & Leek have not been particularly favourable.