British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

Yes I was told that a "current" rider is very interested in buying the club, which rules out Sam Ermo who was in most fans view the most likely rider to buy it, As for the Drury,s I don't think they will change there minds unless maybe the new owner takes Birmingham to a higher league

Unlike a few people on here I have no idea whats going on when Tony and Graham retire, so all i go by are the occasional stories in the Speedway Star. Given the amount of effort that was put in to bring the sport back to Birmingham and then to save it twice by Tony Mole, I don't believe there isn't something going on given how quiet its been in the media. Surely if no one was interested, they would be shouting from the rooftops in the local media and forming an action plan with the supporters club to try and find someone to take it on?

I hope that there is some kind of news prior/during or just after the Kent match which could be our final home league match. So the fans like myself that arnt 'in the know' can have some idea of what the future holds for the club. Having gone through 2014 and all the uncertainty around that, it feels like we are back to the uncertainty all be it in different circumstances. I know some fans will say to just be patient but we are coming to the end of the season with the AGMs upon us before be know it. Fingers crossed we get something sorted before then.

As far as the ex promoter with the unenviable record is concerned, if it's the name I've been given, we're better off closing at the end of this season rather than 'doing another Phillips' and closing midway through next year.

I've randomly been given two other names as well, both ex riders. Like yourself, I'm not sure how serious they are, but the names come from a reliable source. And both would get a yes from me.

Yes it seems we have heard about the same people, as for UK mentioning this experienced promoter holding hands for two years thingy, who is holding BVs hand ?.

Edited by greyhoundp

Yes it seems we have heard about the same people, as for UK mentioning this experienced promoter holding hands for two years thingy, who is holding BVs hand ?.

Alan Philips needed Graham Drury at his side and to sit in his seat at the BSPA table. That's why the Drury's couldn't be dispensed with during that time of the boardroom civil war. I've no idea who's doing the hand-holding for BV, although I'd suspect that the deep interest that Buster Chapman had in the situation there at the start of the year may point him out as being their fairy godfather. I could be wrong though.

Mick Horton was a name I ve heard banded around.

Oh, deep joy. The Birmingham B's, perhaps? Riding in yellow black and red, maybe?

Mick Horton was a name I ve heard banded around.

Wonderful.

Oh, deep joy.

My thoughts exactly, Don't want him anywhere near the club.

What if no one else shows an interest?

As I said to greyhoundp above, I'd rather we closed at the end of this year rather than midway through next. Horton's overall record with Coventry, and above all, Peterborough, is totally underwhelming. I've no optimism that situation would improve at Birmingham.

Seven years ago, we had Patchett, who promised the earth, and whose legacy was to leave a trail of destruction and so much bullrubbish, you could have fertilized a desert with it. Then we had to put up with the sheer idiocy of the Phillips years. Alienation, character assassination, open warfare, firstly on anyone within the club with any speedway knowledge, and then finally, with the fans. Why risk that all over again?

Edited by Leicester Hunter

Don't think they need any 'hand holding', they are more than capable.

Don't think they need any 'hand holding', they are more than capable.

So are we suggesting this rule was conveniently overlooked "for the good of the sport" so to speak. :lol:

So are we suggesting this rule was conveniently overlooked "for the good of the sport" so to speak. :lol:

With Coventry heading into the scrap yard Buster couldn't afford a second casualty especially such a high profile venue and a team with such a heritage. It would have been like football losing Manchester United.

Will it be a new home for Coventry until they get a new stadium?

Check this out from Horton today, says Coventry will track share in 2018 and drop down the leagues to the NL. Somehow i get the feeling the track share wont be with Leicester!

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-bees-speedway-brandon-stadium-13571089

Check this out from Horton today, says Coventry will track share in 2018 and drop down the leagues to the NL. Somehow i get the feeling the track share wont be with Leicester!

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-bees-speedway-brandon-stadium-13571089

If their is no Birmingham then surely Cradley would step in and make Perry Barr their home? Thus attracting quite a few Brum supporters and giving them a sense of permanentcy.

No chance Hunters, Cradley dont wanna be at brum and brum surely aint gonna wanna come n watch Cradley. If not at Monmore, cant see Cradley running!