British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

Good signing. Soon to add Smith. Hume and Bacon aswell.

Most unlikely - the averages won't allow it. One of those three, plus Perry.

Smith & Hume will sign surely. Bacon could be a victim of his own success with Perry likely to return.

Edited by Islander15

Given the P,boro press release states that Bacon will also race in the NL in 2017 a deal is done somewhere. Danger could be the number of riders with other team places if Perry, JPB, Bacon, Smith & Hume all sign for Brum? Home matches should be ok but i suspect it will be a real struggle to get a full 1-7 for away matches.

I would definitely be getting back Hume and Smith along with Lawlor and another 3 pointer at reserve, best remaining combinations after that seem to be either Perry at 1 with Ryan Terry-Daley at 2, or Bacon at 1 and Ryan Kinsley at 2, either that or you throw in another 3 pointer at #2 and try and get a big hitting number 1 from somewhere else. I'd rather have Perry, personally.

It's breath holding time, as developments at other teams (Belle Vue) may well shape a good proportion of the Brummies team. I can remember how back in the winter of 2009-2010 Drury had a plan that went to the birds when Steve Johnson became available, and then with Jonno signed up his revised plans went for a ball of chalk again when Aaron Summers was surprisingly made available (or maybe it was the other way around, memory and old age and all that) so whatever plan is on the table now may well head into the same recycle bin if news from Manchester is bad, and the likes of Kyle Bickley and Joe Lawlor suddenly become available.

Id be suprised if you have Perry back over bacon

Perry's a Brummie fans favourite tbf but also it may depend on whether Cradley want him back as their number 5 with presumably Ayres at number 1.

Cant see cradley wanting him back, dunno y everyone thinks we are getting ayres, cant see him leaving kent to be honest.

The numbers game. Kent have already signed Bowen, they're more likely to release Ayres than Shanes because Ayres needs a shoulder operation according to some posts on here and Shanes is younger as well.

I doubt Morris and Clegg will return for Cradley and having Chessell as number one would be a big gamble, signing him on his current average even would be a gamble IMO, so Ayres would be a good fit.

I can see the Brummies lining up with Bacon, Hume, JPB, Smith and then filling the rest of the gaps. Unless Bacon is going elsewhere then they could bring Ritchings back and have Hopwood too, that'd be a solid top five although without an out and out number one at the start of the year.

Morris and clegg have been told they wont be back next season, I hope they signayres just cant see it myself. Think Dan greenwood will be at cradley thou.