British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2017 Hat Trick

Birmingham Brummies will be league champions until we decide we dont want to be ...

must get boring paying for glory eh?

Incorrect bitterboy again you made a statement

YOUR LANDLORDS DID ,NOT BRUM.

The mighty Brummies to the rescue again ..

And it's replies like that, that gives all the good supporters a bad name at different clubs.

Don't recall anyone no matter how anal or biased that claimed anything other then the best team won the league in 2016. But if you want to believe the world hates Brum then name calling on a forum will probably help your dream come true.

#makeapointwithoutinsults

And for point of accuracy if I was not a teaboy i'd be a realaleboy as bitter is too watery for me :)

And for point of accuracy if I was not a teaboy i'd be a realaleboy as bitter is too watery for me :)

• Like 2

must get boring paying for glory eh?

Adam Ellis?

Although I agree that redandyellow is being an @rse.

• Like 2

Birmingham Brummies will be league champions until we decide we dont want to be ...

Please don't build us up to be shot down - no team has the devine right .............

Adam Ellis?

Although I agree that redandyellow is being an @rse.

I know I know haha.

A few things to say about what has been said.

Firstly Cradley fans do owe Birmingham a debt of grattitude but wont hold my breath waiting for it.

Birmingham do not have a devine right to winning the NL. My feelings are that this will be a hard and close season, i think we hurt Cradley and Eastbourne last year and that both teams will pull out all the stops.

As for the accusation (So easy to make and so difficult to prove/disprove.) that Birmingham seem to have a bigger cheque than other teams is just laughable. Please take a look at our recent history for gods sake. Tony Mole does not buy his way to championships. (He doesn't buy anything if he can get away with it. lol.) What we do have (at this level) is a history of winning and looking after riders. That is attractive when negotiating with riders and does give us a slight advantage.

Red and yellow. Dont for slightest moment believe that next years championship is a sown on certainty. Even if we managed the trick of signing all of the best riders it means nothing in this sport. You only need the wrong injury at the wrong time for all your plans to be scuppered. 2008 still looms large in my memory! My best advice to you at this moment is pull your horns in and enjoy the ride.

Having said that I am loving all this rivalry with Cradley it is fun. Particularly as, so far, we have had the upper hand. I sometimes fantasize about going back in time to visit myself during one of the Cradley Birmingham matches of the Eighties. Watching us get beat again and putting a hand on my own younger shoulder to say. "It gets better mate, It gets much better."

• Like 2

A few things to say about what has been said.

Firstly Cradley fans do owe Birmingham a debt of gratitude but wont hold my breath waiting for it.

Nor should you. The fans played no part in it. It's the good grace of Tony Mole and Graham Drury that the Cradley fans owe a debt of gratitude to. Although I doubt if they will be holding their breaths either.

Well that kind of depends on how long Birmingham decides that it wants to be promoted for doesn't it? Nothing at all guaranteed beyond 2017.

So with Lawlor going to Cradley and Bickley likely to be at Belle Vue if they run, what other 3 point gems are out there still? We're going to need at least one to put a couple of points on their average even with scope for improvement still from JPB and Smith (if he returns) in the main body.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

So with Lawlor going to Cradley and Bickley likely to be at Belle Vue if they run, what other 3 point gems are out there still? We're going to need at least one to put a couple of points on their average even with scope for improvement still from JPB and Smith (if he returns) in the main body.

The only real name that springs to mind is Henry Atkins but i would be very surprised if he wasn't Plymouth bound. Ben Woodhull seems to be the best of the rest from the youth rounds?

The below have all done 2 or more MDL meetings to attain a 'true' average, were averaging 8.00+ and to my knowledge are unsigned at present:

(Alphabetically by Surname)

Bradley Andrews (3.07)
Henry Atkins - Plymouth Bound?
Sam Bebee - Injured? (4.25)
Kean Dicken
Chris Hay (3.23)
David Holt
Connor King
Ryan MacDonald
Andy Mellish (3.21)
Robert Parker
Lee Springthorpe
Niall Strudwick
Rob Watts
Alex Wilson
Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1

Doest sam beebe have a 4.25 average.

Be suprised if Brad Andrews aint back at cradley.

Good point i hadn't bothered to look at the averages. Bebee becomes quite expensive on that average. There is also Saul, Locke, Leeke, Banks, Bowdrey, Woods or pretty much anyone who rode in the long Rye House tail last year all on flat 3.00 averages.

Your all forgetting the massive pool of grasstrack riders who could easily be persuaded

Not sure the grasstrack pool of riders is so massive anymore. These are also the riders who were also massivey out of fashion a couple of years ago when you had to be an ex moto crosser to get a team place. The number of riders who have switched straight from grass to the shale in recent years is limited at best. Georgie Wood / Zac Waj yes but these are exceptionally talented motorcyclists and had a great deal of assistance. The list of failures is much longer. Surely better to sign a rider who has gained some shale experience and whatever level than a rider who is new to the sport as a whole?

Im thinking a few Teams are waiting to see if BV declare to ride in the NL, Bewley, Williamson, Shuttleworth, Bickley would all be riders most Teams would want, Im thinking GD would leave no stone unturned to get a hold of Bickley.