British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pont

Gorzow 2017 ....

It's all about opinions as you know.

I'm watching in the pub after watching a poor game of football.

Luckily my local pub always puts the Speedway on, I bet there aren't many other forum members if any who can say the same

Was watchng the footie too,managed to get them to put the speedway on after but even i thought it was poor.Expecting more from a Polish GP,got a few people watching whether they were impressed who knows.

That was Woffy back to his best. Knows he doesn't have to win every ride, a sensible second is better than a blast that leads to losing a place. Rode sensibly and scored the points while those ahead of him struggled a little.

5 riders within 10 points at the top of be table. Still any one of 5 can win it. Can't see Freddie doing it, Magic I just don't think has the mentality. I don't know enough about Dudek to make any real predictions but he strikes me as the most head strong of Poles for a long time. As for Woffy and Doyle, they're both capable.

Think Woffy has more faith in his machinery now which may have led him to have so many 'ragged' races early in the Competition...

Second place seems to be 'ok' for him now and with Woffy's level of capabilty, in most races he can deliver that as a minimum.....

The only one in contention going down the stretch who knows what it takes to get over the line...

Could be the first British three time winner!!

Edited by mikebv

This goes down to the wire. Australian GP will determine the winner.

WATCHED some great meetings in Gorzow but this track seems to have only one line and a huge advantage from gate 4. Disappointing so far.

First half of the meeting was Gate 4, second half of the meeting was gate 2. Inside only won 3 times, once by Emil in the heats and the two semis. Poorly prepared track.

TW really on it tonight, looking much like he was in 2015.

Every GP pawlicki plays the ref and wins, smolinski not holding his words back but he is 100% correct

Piotr Pawlicki becomes the "new" Kildemand, but does more appealing to the ref.

Every GP pawlicki plays the ref and wins, smolinski not holding his words back but he is 100% correct

Absolutely correct. Vey suspicious of Piotr Pawlicki's falls. Like a few in the past he was not challenging for the lead at the time, left a huge gap for smolinski to go through and tried to close it late by turning back in after smolinski had about 3/4's of his bike in front. Similar incident to the one with zagar at Malilla with the same result.

In football terms Pawlicki is "milking" the situation to his own advantage. Refs seem oblivious to his tactic.

• Like 2

I am sorry if the question has been answered or asked before I have looked BUT how can KK ride in Somerset on a Friday and a Grand Prix Saturday in a different Country YET British riders cant / Don't Ride Somerset Friday and Cardiff the next day, what 100 miles apart and a British Championship not just a league match, done seem right to me.

I am sorry if the question has been answered or asked before I have looked BUT how can KK ride in Somerset on a Friday and a Grand Prix Saturday in a different Country YET British riders cant / Don't Ride Somerset Friday and Cardiff the next day, what 100 miles apart and a British Championship not just a league match, done seem right to me.

Very simple KK couldn't be ar$ed with Gorzow practice - he does know the track pretty well !!! Whereas most riders would like to practice on the track before a big event !!!!
  • Like 1

The travel is not the potential problem........, KK is not in the hunt for a world championship.

Would you want to risk injury the night before a GP and possibly ruin your chance of being a world champ or qualify for next year.

The travel is not the potential problem........, KK is not in the hunt for a world championship.

Would you want to risk injury the night before a GP and possibly ruin your chance of being a world champ or qualify for next year.

KK never qualified through the challenge for next year, no way in hell will he get a wild card. Pawl icki the diver even needs to get in the top 8 to qualify as already 4 poles in it. Gives his priority to his GB team Rye and then gets slagged off for doing that. Give the guy a break.

Gorzow shows yet again what a great track it is.

Good result for Tai and Jason Doyle is now in the driving seat even though the lead is small.

Craig Cook is now in an even better position... 33 points between Dudek and the 9th place.

Overall a very good night

IF some of the rumours about the 2018 SWC becoming a three man team event, essentially a pairs

I like that idea, time to see the art of team riding put back into the sport.

KK never qualified through the challenge for next year, no way in hell will he get a wild card. Pawl icki the diver even needs to get in the top 8 to qualify as already 4 poles in it. Gives his priority to his GB team Rye and then gets slagged off for doing that. Give the guy a break.

Please don't Think I was Knocking KK Fair from it I thought why do the British guys not bother to represent there club and thought maybe a ruling was in place.

Please don't Think I was Knocking KK Fair from it I thought why do the British guys not bother to represent there club and thought maybe a ruling was in place.

Pretty certain Chris Harris has ridden on the Friday before a GP and then flown out to another country. Probably a BSPA ruling meaning our riders cannot do the Somerset pairs before the Cardiff GP.