British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pont

Gorzow 2017 ....

Just got around to watching this GP. Was a total crock of crap. Worst GP so far with very little in the way of entertainment. Most races over down the back straight of lap one unless it had Janowski in it on his Brian the Snail bikes. Talk about having rubbish engines when it really mattered. Something went seriously wrong there allowing Doyle to make up for his duff GP last time.

Why on earth did the Gorzow track staff produce such a poor race track?

Just got around to watching this GP. Was a total crock of crap. Worst GP so far with very little in the way of entertainment. Most races over down the back straight of lap one unless it had Janowski in it on his Brian the Snail bikes. Talk about having rubbish engines when it really mattered. Something went seriously wrong there allowing Doyle to make up for his duff GP last time.

A Pirates and Big RR presentation specially flown in
  • Like 1

So Cigelski seems to want a rule change; All 4 back even if it is not in the first corner. https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/707329/kontrowersje-podczas-grand-prix-polski-wraca-temat-zmiany-regulaminu&usg=ALkJrhjClgR8o76P-YCIWKfxaU7kTFBf7g

I say forget it. There is enough silliness with the current all 4 backs. We don't need another one because it will end up
with no rider getting excluded at all because of "racing incident, all 4 back" regardless of the situation.

Edited by Ghostwalker

depends on how it was ridden. Didn't you think it was great that the best British rider ever produced all the excitement? Tai had 7 races and made passes in 5 of them.... makes you proud to be British didn't it??? The only 2 races he didn't pass in was the one he made the gate and the semi where he used his head. Glad Janowski was on a snail as Tai has closed the gap. A 3 time British World Champ maybe? Never thought in my lifetime I could see that!
  • Like 1

Think about Pawlicki's second heat wreck (no matter whose fault it was) and getting whacked in the head with his bike while it was flying past him on it's way over the fence. Then he pulls himself together in a lot of pain and goes out for his next heat and eventually makes the semi-finals. You can say what you want to and maybe he "worked the ref" with Smollinski but he is one tough kid and not a bad rider. When riders get in these wrecks and are able to walk away we just take it for granted that they will be back out there for the next heat and I'm sure in many cases they shouldn't be.

Just went back and watched heat # 2 again: I invite all members down on Pawlicki to watch the slow motion of that wreck 4 or 5 times and envision themselves getting on a moped and going to a "chippy" after that.

• Like 2

Think about Pawlicki's second heat wreck (no matter whose fault it was) and getting whacked in the head with his bike while it was flying past him on it's way over the fence. Then he pulls himself together in a lot of pain and goes out for his next heat and eventually makes the semi-finals. You can say what you want to and maybe he "worked the ref" with Smollinski but he is one tough kid and not a bad rider. When riders get in these wrecks and are able to walk away we just take it for granted that they will be back out there for the next heat and I'm sure in many cases they shouldn't be.

Just went back and watched heat # 2 again: I invite all members down on Pawlicki to watch the slow motion of that wreck 4 or 5 times and envision themselves getting on a moped and going to a "chippy" after that.

WITH you on that one

WITH you on that one

nobody is questioning pawlicki's or any riders bravery but pawlicki did exactly the same thing in the last GP and he does it quite a lot in polish league too , he is falling way to easy , kildermand was doing before but seems to have stoped now , the refs will eventually get wise to it and then when he gets knocked off genuinely the decision won't go his way , he is playing the ref at the moment and winning , on a different note the refound performance of tai is everything that is wrong with the sport , not knocking tai he has a huge talent but has looked fairly uncompetitive in the GPs up till now then change of tuner to the flavour of the moment and he is back on top , the sport is becoming/has become a tuners game and that is wrong and 90% of speedway fans couldn't care less about the engine or who tunes it and it shouldn't be important Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

The way Holder was last night I think his bubble has well and truly burst.

If he gates he could hold on for a win, but he is not consistently a brilliant gater. He struggles from the back and is pulling out of many tight riding spots.

Something amazing will have to happen if he wants to get back where he was pre DW accident days.

The way Holder was last night I think his bubble has well and truly burst.

If he gates he could hold on for a win, but he is not consistently a brilliant gater. He struggles from the back and is pulling out of many tight riding spots.

Something amazing will have to happen if he wants to get back where he was pre DW accident days.

good in'it :approve:

nobody is questioning pawlicki's or any riders bravery but pawlicki did exactly the same thing in the last GP and he does it quite a lot in polish league too , he is falling way to easy , kildermand was doing before but seems to have stoped now , the refs will eventually get wise to it and then when he gets knocked off genuinely the decision won't go his way , he is playing the ref at the moment and winning , on a different note the refound performance of tai is everything that is wrong with the sport , not knocking tai he has a huge talent but has looked fairly uncompetitive in the GPs up till now then change of tuner to the flavour of the moment and he is back on top , the sport is becoming/has become a tuners game and that is wrong and 90% of speedway fans couldn't care less about the engine or who tunes it and it shouldn't be important

It has never been any different, you're kidding yourself if you think so.

I'd strongly dispute the claim that 90% of fans couldn't care less either about what engine riders are on, as evidenced by the number of topics regarding such things on this forum.

As for your claim he has looked 'uncompetitive' or even 'fairly' uncompetitve, that's simply not been the case. He's simply made the wrong decisions, or races haven't panned out his way on several occasions late on in the meeting.

It's interesting to note that BEFORE last night's meeting, if you worked out a 4 ride average for the riders based on the GP's so far you had:

Janowski 7.82

Woffinden 7.47

Doyle 7.06

Edited by BWitcher

It has never been any different, you're kidding yourself if you think so.

I'd strongly dispute the claim that 90% of fans couldn't care less either about what engine riders are on, as evidenced by the number of topics regarding such things on this forum.

As for your claim he has looked 'uncompetitive' or even 'fairly' uncompetitve, that's simply not been the case. He's simply made the wrong decisions, or races haven't panned out his way on several occasions late on in the meeting.

It's interesting to note that BEFORE last night's meeting, if you worked out a 4 ride average for the riders based on the GP's so far you had:

Janowski 7.82

Woffinden 7.47

Doyle 7.06

it has been different , there has always been tuners but pretty much any tuner could make a world championship engine but now it's pretty much a closed shop , top 2 or your nowhere , woffinden was a different rider last night and that's because of his new tuner , his talent was the same on his last tuner , I used 90% to be conservative , it's more , there is a select few who understand the engines being used , you say baby offset to any given crowd they wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about and neither would they care , you could ask to name some GM engines , they couldn't , ask a stadium full of fans to name the top 2 tuners in speedway right now , they couldn't and don't care ,speedway isn't a motor sport Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

it has been different , there has always been tuners but pretty much any tuner could make a world championship engine but now it's pretty much a closed shop , top 2 or your nowhere , woffinden was a different rider last night and that's because of his new tuner , his talent was the same on his last tuner , I used 90% to be conservative , it's more , there is a select few who understand the engines being used , you say baby offset to any given crowd they wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about and neither would they care , you could ask to name some GM engines , they couldn't , ask a stadium full of fans to name the top 2 tuners in speedway right now , they couldn't and don't care ,speedway isn't a motor sport

I'd strongly say you are way, way out of touch if you think 90% have no interest.

From as far back as I was a kid I and all those who stood around me were interested in what engine a rider was using and who was the tuner. Carl Blomfeldt back in the early 90's was the big name of course. Neil Evitts enjoyed success with Gary Havelock then had the disastrous spell working with Mikael Karlsson/Max. I remember Sean Wilson sorting engines for Adam just before the play-offs in 2009. Michael Lee had a spell with Tai and of course there have been many more.

Quite what 'baby offset' has to do with fans being interested in the engine TYPE being used and who the tuner is I don't know, you're talking about something entirely different there.

You have zero evidence to back up your claims, whereas this forum provides ample evidence of engines and tuners being discussed.

Anyway, the point is, Tai has not at any stage in any GP looked 'fairly uncompetitive'. His lowest score in any round was 7 and that included a tapes infringement. He has simply thrown in a bad ride at the wrong time in a number of rounds, been unlucky enough to finish on 9 and miss the semis etc and rode some strange lines in certain races after looking super fast on a different line in an earlier race.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

The Dean Machine is absolutely correct.

Speedway is not a 'motor sport' and most fans couldn't give a monkeys about the mechanical element.

Back in the 60's and 70's, most fans were probably aware that there were 2 types of bikes -Jawas and Japs - but that's probably about it.

In those days 'tuners didn't exist'.

You could listen to a hundred of hours of commentary from Dave Lanning from that period and you will almost certainly hear no reference about the mechanical side of things because Lanning, in common with most of his audience, knew full well that there was no interest in it.

Speedway bikes were just speedway bikes and that was it.

• Like 2

.......Speedway bikes were just speedway bikes and that

You don't remember

Jawa vs JAP?

Jawa vs Weslake.

Everyone vs The Neil Street 4 valve?

Jawa vs the 4 valve Weslake?

The 4 valve Jawa vs everyone?

Are you kidding?

• Like 2

Back in the 4-valve revolution days, fans waited with baited breath to hear which of their riders had raised enough cash for a Street conversion or were lucky enough to acquire a Weslake. Later on it was 4-valve Jawas, then Goddens. there was a section in one of Briggo's books in the 70s about all the different types of engines used during the decade, including Egon Muller's old Lantenhamer (sp?) JAPs. In the "olden" days things were a lot more interesting than now, it hasn't always been this boring engine wise.

Tuners have been around for years and yes, some of us did pay attention way back.

• Like 5