British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2017

Still harsh whatever way to look at it. Ur gona defend the club aint ya.

I think its harsh, too. From the Isle of Wight facebook page, so does Barry Bishop.

But its also the right decision. The Warriors simply cannot carry on the way they are now and desperately need a stronger team, particularly at home.

Standing in the promotions shoes, I doubt there are many who wouldn't have done the same thing.

The IOW need Riders experienced on big tracks, who are used to Racing fast, watched Dugard having a practice, he was hugging the white line, like he was glued to it, that's definitely not the quickest way round that track, thought someone would have pointed that out to him.

Still harsh whatever way to look at it. Ur gona defend the club aint ya.

Yeah true. I'm not saying it's not harsh on Kelsey, but I think he and others understand the move to strengthen the team.

The sport is a numbers & performance game and will always be harsh on some. Campos is never going to be on my exciting riders list but he can do a solid job and score the additional points that IOW need to get some wins on the board.

The sport is a numbers & performance game and will always be harsh on some. Campos is never going to be on my exciting riders list but he can do a solid job and score the additional points that IOW need to get some wins on the board.

I know all Teams have the same issues but, The Warriors were 0.04 off of having Campos and being able to put Kelsey at reserve. When you see it in Blak and White it makes you think. Kelsey could have been at Reserve where he neeeds to be with his current confidence levels but, it is what it is frustrating

• Like 1

Adam Portwood signs for IOW. Subject to BSPA ok.

Adam Portwood signs for IOW. Subject to BSPA ok.

is that supposed to strengthen them???

Terrible signing should have just kept using guests for Govier

Unless this is for Mullins in which rr for Govier makes them a tad stronger I guess with wifman taking say a heat 8 ride?

Unless this is for Mullins in which rr for Govier makes them a tad stronger I guess with wifman taking say a heat 8 ride?

Think there is limited time a team can use guests for a rider they have parted company with?

Ultimately Portwood is keen, prepared to travel to IOW & was another let down by Kings Lynn so nice to see him fixed up.

He scored quite well in their meeting they did, so will score a good few points per meeting, which is better than the guests were doing and their were not any better options

I think you're not upto date. Mullins left ages ago and Govier is at reserve, which is where Portwood slots in. As has been said, it gives the fans a full 1 to 7 and the Warriors fans want a full team to support even if they're not a championship winning septet.

Sorry I see, I still do not see the point though when they can just use spooner etc?