British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2017

Portwood beat Spooner and O Keefe to win the amateur meeting at kent recently. Looked awful in his first and by the end of the night he was very good. Certainly think the lad has potential. And certainly will score at reserve.

I just thought I would add my thoughts to the news of Adam's signing on the Island.

I must confess, up until last Thursday I hadn't heard of Adam, so I was looking forward to seeing a new rider tackle the Smallbrook track for the first time.

I have to say, although behind the camera all night, he certainly did enough for me to inquire about him after the meeting, and on watching back his races during the editing, he really showed much guts and determination on bends 3 and 4 to not only go up the banking, but also mix it to hold position coming out of the corner with some more experienced riders on his inside with tight racing. That alone shows a will and determination on track that warrants a call up and a chance of some National League racing. The other thing being the better riders started behind him and had to pass him, in usual circumstances the heat leaders would probably be out the gate first so for him not to be fazed and to fight hard in close passing for his position was really great to see.

So I was pleased when I heard of his announcement in the team. Lets give him some time and space to carry on and build from there with the Warriors team and see how he goes.

Andy

Edited by Speedway Portal
  • Like 3

COBRA'S GARAGE MAHAL "SLIDE IN RYDE" BEST PAIRS Multimedia Page

The page is now full of all the footage and various other multimedia all relating to this meeting. Click the link below to go directly to this meetings page on the Official Warriors Media Channel to view the following :

VIDEO FOOTAGE INCLUDING:
Hottest Heat 9 (Adam vs Ben!)
Demonstration Race 3
In the pits "behind the scenes" video
Rider parade & warm up lap
Interval pit shots and interviews
Interview with Barry Bishop and Steve Luxton
Interview with Team Coopes (Ryan Cooper & Angie Cooper, Kelsey Dugard Racing & Connor Coles)
Interview with the Speedway Widows Team (Lisa Sokol, Tina Widman, Chris Widman & Josh Bailey
Interview with Team Warrior (Mattieu Del Moro & Jamie Bursill)
Interview with Reading Racers (Lorraine McClellan, Emma Pike, James Don Cockle & Jamie Sealey)
Interview with the women demonstration riders Hayley Perrault Racing & Carley Gittus
Meet Cobra for a tour of the Cobra's Garage Mahal
The live rider pairs draw

PLUS
Official Image Gallery, Radio Podcast and live commentary and much more.

THE OFFICIAL DVD IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR £8 + £2 p&p. 18 heats, 3 demonstration races, all interviews, full race commentary and graphics by T2TV Media

Brought to you by Island Speedway's Wight Warriors, Cobra's Garage Mahal, Speedway Portal & T2TV Media

https://www.speedwayportal.com/2017-meeting-21

• Like 1

My brother went to the recent meeting when David Wallinger was injured. This resulted in a delay of over an hour. Every resourceful, the Warriors management held some impromptu games for the youngsters to keep them entertained during the stoppage. How many other clubs would have had the gumption to do this? Well done (again) IOW.

• Like 4

My brother went to the recent meeting when David Wallinger was injured. This resulted in a delay of over an hour. Every resourceful, the Warriors management held some impromptu games for the youngsters to keep them entertained during the stoppage. How many other clubs would have had the gumption to do this? Well done (again) IOW.

Hey, I am glad someone spotted this... believe it or not this is something we had discussed at the start of the season of last season and even with the unfortunate David, the medical teams, the fence repair crew, we still managed to get a message to Angie Cooper (who works with school kids) to embark on operation - "entertain the kids".... it worked and was pretty well received.

Thanks for the feedback.. Barry

• Like 4

Hi, just wondered if Isle of Wight have a meeting on the 14th september, going to be down there for a couple of days, I know on the fixture list it says reserved but just wondering if its changed.

This week’s Speedway Star shows that the IOW have been nominated for a community club award by the WSRA. Hope they win. Glasgow, Somerset and Rye House also nominated. Result at the dinner on 11 November.

• Like 4

This week’s Speedway Star shows that the IOW have been nominated for a community club award by the WSRA. Hope they win. Glasgow, Somerset and Rye House also nominated. Result at the dinner on 11 November.

I would really love to win this...not for me or Martin, but for all our volunteer staff, all those who run around all season organising, attending and presenting the Warriors at events across the Island and UK. Can you imagine that... if we won... how great would that be? Thanks everyone for a great 2017 and whatever the result today, wherever we finish, for me its been absolutely fantastic on and off the track.... we cannot wait for next year. :) See you trackside.

• Like 5

Looks like Somerset won the award so well done to them and congratulations to the other nominees.

• Like 1