British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2017

As an eastie fan I can tell you that Luke Harris is an excellent gater but then just didnt have the right equipment yet and would say is definitely a good signing for anyone

Where as Charley had more speed he was more prone to falling and making mistakes but would be another one well worth taking the risk on

As an eastie fan I can tell you that Luke Harris is an excellent gater but then just didnt have the right equipment yet and would say is definitely a good signing for anyone

Where as Charley had more speed he was more prone to falling and making mistakes but would be another one well worth taking the risk on

Luke has served his speedway apprenticeship and has the ability but unfortunately even in a part time league the excuse of below par equipment doesn't cut it anymore.

Charley was learning speedway last season and at times it showed as he can look awkward on the bike, performed some poor moves and looked hilarious laying on the Kent track attempting to get an all 4 back when falling on his own. However he also had some good showings and seems to have better confidence/fitness than Luke.

Im sure both will make decent signings for any team but they both come with baggage.

Stoneman was excellent on his return last year. Raced unselfishly for IOW and upped his average considerably.

I'm yet to be convinced about Harris, he strikes me more of a gate and hold a line type of rider. Its a pity about the fine margins as for 0.01 more Dwyer or Powell could have been options.

What about last years number 8?

I agree. Both would've been good options, but I'd say Harris is on par.

Hi guys, just in case you didn't already know, the new Warriors Website went live at 10am this morning.

www.wightwarriors.co

Enjoy

Looks tons better. Such a step up from last season. Edited by skj
  • Like 2

I'm happy with the signing of Harland Cook and at reserve! Options seem limited for the number 2 spot though.

New logo is much better, too.

Just seen that and completely agree. It looks great. Top marks to the IOW promotion, clearly took the crticism and done something about it, which can't be said for a lot of promotions.

I'm happy with the signing of Harland Cook and at reserve! Options seem limited for the number 2 spot though.

Could be a good signing (he had an 8 pt average in 2005 as a 17 year old). - but I'm a bit puzzled at the 3.00 average.

I would have thought that 3.50 would be the correct figure, as given to Luke Clifton and James Purchase this year.

• Like 1

I'm staggered that harland is in as a 3 pointer. Seen him have a few practice spins and looks hugely impressive. I'm assuming he has some new equipment from somewhere as he had old bikes but still looked quick. Not sure he is a true 3 pointer though

Could be a good signing (he had an 8 pt average in 2005 as a 17 year old). - but I'm a bit puzzled at the 3.00 average.

I would have thought that 3.50 would be the correct figure, as given to Luke Clifton and James Purchase this year.

I made the exact same comment on twitter!

I was surprised too but I'm guessing that he's been given a 3.00 because when he last rode it was Conference League gradings and not averages.