British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2017

I could moan and say your just copying Eastbourne ;-) but at least it shows how forward thinking a promotion we have at Eastbourne as Glasgow have followed us as well :-)

I could moan and say your just copying Eastbourne ;-) but at least it shows how forward thinking a promotion we have at Eastbourne as Glasgow have followed us as well :-)

In terms of the promotion of the club, Eastbourne aren't anywhere near Isle of Wight's league..............then again, there aren't many who are.

• Like 2

Hello all,

100 clubs have been around for donkey's years. When I was a child my parents were involved in a charity called the "Mysterious Aunts and Uncles" which at the time provided terminally ill children in Oxford wth gifts at christmas or did something special for them... it was way before childrens hospices existed really... anyways one of the way to make a bit of money was the 100 club. Back then it was pretty much all take and give out a little and people did it because of the cause. Plus the quarterly draw got the charity in to the local press and gave valuable publicity. Now, what we have done with the Warriors 100 (like this name more than the 100 club and it just came to me while typing this so it was worth the response just for that ha ha) is to alter the ratio to 80% back to players and 20% to the fuel and tyre fund. In my view this gives a great weekly price of 100 pounds or 80% of the prize pot and all for 65 pounds a year to play.

More importantly to me however, will be the marketing opportunities of the weekly draw and the fact that we can get the Warriors across all media and people thinking about our name, brand and club without even thinking about it - I hope that made sense.

I hope that you may have seen our first Warriors 100 draw that took place one Thursday 5th January with Colin and Steph Whitlock, it was great - I know I would say that but I totally believe in what we do and how we do it. You see, I want to make use of the weekly draw to get in and around the Island or speedway meetings, riders, official, track team to get involved and make it fun.

I urge you all to get involved and you never know.... "It could be you" :) We have a very simple payment system which can be electronic or via cheque and you know what, if not at our club then do it at your own clubs, make it fun, make it fair, value those who support it and value the time and the creativity of those who run it and people will contribute.

Thanks everyone by the way for you comments - I dont come on here too much Andy Hague gives us all the feedback constructive and positive, where we can improve and what we have done well, so it is all fed back and I thank you for that.

I hope to see you on the Island this season and if you do come over grab me, its always nice to meet like minded people. I am usually dressed terribly in blue and yellow.

Thanks again #theWarriorWay

Barry

• Like 3

Glasgow been doing it for 7 years now and I have only won it twice in that time but the prize money get bigger every year now

Expect a rider announcement tomorrow.

So govier will start at 2 and one reserve probably won't turn up. I'm hoping Eastbourne management take advantage of this and race the islanders early on in the year

Its easy to criticise but far more difficult to actually name alternatives, particularly those who are prepared to travel to the Island.

Mark Phillips has said elsewhere that naming the final rider or two is the most difficult, and he's right.

Its easy to criticise but far more difficult to actually name alternatives, particularly those who are prepared to travel to the Island.

Mark Phillips has said elsewhere that naming the final rider or two is the most difficult, and he's right.

True but I'd rather a 3.00 novice than someone who has let the club down time and time again and not even improved! A kid who scores 1 from 3 rides and is part of the team is better than returning to a rider who's treated the club poorly in the past imo.

There are a few riders around without a club anyway: Purchase, Basford, Halder, Speight, Parker or even giving Piper a proper chance. A couple of those would allow Govier to start at reserve too. Surely the issue is signing 6 riders which leaves 4.04 when they were unlikely to sign the better riders to fit that figure e.g. Luke Harris.

I may have criticised Mullins' signing but in every other way I applaud the fantastic work that the club has done on and off the track.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1