British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Peter Karlsson Farewell Meeting - Pk The Final Word Sunday March 19th 5pm

A Facebook page has been set up for this event.

It's going to be emotional!

• Like 2

A Facebook page has been set up for this event.

It's going to be emotional!

Emotional !! March 19th , its going to be ruddy cold.

• Like 3

Hope PK gets the support he deserves for a truly wonderful career and an asset to British Speedway. Being an Ipswich fan never saw him ride much live to be honest but undoubtedly deserves a great day

• Like 2

PK talking about his career :

' I've got so much to thank British Speedway for...........'

It's the other way round Peter. When others were treating it as a plaything to be used as and when it's convenient for them you were always there.

• Like 7

if we made it to SAM'S FLAMING FAREWELL and stayed till the end peter's can't be much worse. it snowed all the way up the M5 , i've got a photo of my friend with an inch of snow on her shoulders and someone next to us fainted from the cold. count us in.

• Like 1

if we made it to SAM'S FLAMING FAREWELL and stayed till the end peter's can't be much worse. it snowed all the way up the M5 , i've got a photo of my friend with an inch of snow on her shoulders and someone next to us fainted from the cold. count us in.

Ah yes. The meeting when Wolfie used a track rake to write SAM in giant letters in the snow on the centre green. I've very nearly thawed out.

• Like 1

Ah yes. The meeting when Wolfie used a track rake to write SAM in giant letters in the snow on the centre green. I've very nearly thawed out.

Mr Wolf sir. Mr Wolf.

One thing that bores me with these meetings is the drip feed news of those riders taking part that are 100% predictable. Yesterday it was Freddie Lindgren, what a surprise.

If we get Pedersen, Emil, Tai or some of the top Poles then fair enough. Its bigger news to see them but not Wolverhampton riders. When do we get breaking news about Masters and Wells ?.

One thing that bores me with these meetings is the drip feed news of those riders taking part that are 100% predictable. Yesterday it was Freddie Lindgren, what a surprise.

If we get Pedersen, Emil, Tai or some of the top Poles then fair enough. Its bigger news to see them but not Wolverhampton riders. When do we get breaking news about Masters and Wells ?.

Which is exactly why I left the Lindgren thing out of my post above yours :t: All home riders are included in all early season meetings such as this to shakedown the machinery, human and mechanical. It ain't news.

Edited by Wolfsbane

Get Sudden Sam on a bike, plus Mikael who deserves some sort of farewell too. Also be nice to see Ronnie Correy involved. Those four were part of a great era for the club.

It would also be nice if Tai took part given the close links he has with PK.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

It would also be nice if Tai took part given the close links he has with PK.

Logically (and I have no idea either way if it's happening) that should be one with a bit of a build-up beforehand and then the announcement for maximum impact.

I can't think of any other modern-day rider whereby I'd even consider attending their testimonial.

However, I will deem it an absolute privilege to support this event.

In a World where the term 'Legend' is so often wrongly overused, I can't think of a more fitting, nor apt, word to associate against Peter Karlsson.

• Like 8