British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Peter Karlsson Farewell Meeting - Pk The Final Word Sunday March 19th 5pm

I hope the fans come out in force for this meeting. PK has been a good servant to British speedway and deserves a big send off.

No Woffinden though. Very strange and one would have thought he would have gone out of his way to make sure he was there for his team mate, and to add to the attendance.

But should we really be suprised he isn't there?

We shouldn't be too quick to be judgmental about Tai. It might be that there are contractual reasons to do with sponsors that prevent him riding in this type of meeting. A similar situation prevented Nicki Pedersen from riding at the Lee Richardson memorial meeting. He came to the track to give his support but for contractual reasons wasn't allowed to ride.

• Like 1

Am looking forward to my first taste of speedway for 2017.

I will be providing updates on the updates site.

Hope its a great day for a great servant of British speedway.

Sadly can't get there on Sunday and wondered if the programme can be bought on line after perhaps ?

He has a link on the Favebook page for the event that allows you to buy online.

I hope the fans come out in force for this meeting. PK has been a good servant to British speedway and deserves a big send off.

No Woffinden though. Very strange and one would have thought he would have gone out of his way to make sure he was there for his team mate, and to add to the attendance.

But should we really be suprised he isn't there?

Would you cancel your holiday or honeymoon which was booked last year before this event was given a date ?

If you don't know why a rider isn't there, don't guess but as you want to let's ask why when PK spent seasons at Lakeside, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and Peterborough why there is no mention of Cook or Chapman etc there today ?

• Like 1

Would you cancel your holiday or honeymoon which was booked last year before this event was given a date ?

If you don't know why a rider isn't there, don't guess but as you want to let's ask why when PK spent seasons at Lakeside, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and Peterborough why there is no mention of Cook or Chapman etc there today ?

Many thanks for the info on the programme

Hope it is a great evening no more than PK deserves .

:t::D

• Like 1

Holiday or honeymoon? Reading Woffindens twitter he has been riding his bikes doing some testing. Strange thing to do on honeymoon.

• Like 2

Holiday or honeymoon? Reading Woffindens twitter he has been riding his bikes doing some testing. Strange thing to do on honeymoon.

Very unfortunate choice of words there Steve :D

• Like 2

I see the name Sam Hagon in the junior races. Any relation to the one-time west Ham rider Alf Hagon?

Martins boy so Alf's grandchild

Thank you kindly.

I am being dumb in not being able to find these anywhere?

We shouldn't be too quick to be judgmental about Tai. It might be that there are contractual reasons to do with sponsors that prevent him riding in this type of meeting. A similar situation prevented Nicki Pedersen from riding at the Lee Richardson memorial meeting. He came to the track to give his support but for contractual reasons wasn't allowed to ride.

Probably the same contractual agreement which handily allowed him to ride in the Peter Craven Memorial this time last year for a large cheque

Probably the same contractual agreement which handily allowed him to ride in the Peter Craven Memorial this time last year for a large cheque

Not happy with a professional earning money ?