Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

National League Assets.

Now for the last year or so we have been told there are no longer assets in the NL including existing assets.

Now whilst I disagreed with the idea completely, I can see how they could do that but I always said you can't just strip clubs of assets they have paid for.

Looks today very much like clubs have kept thier existing assets, as in Pooles press release about James Shanes signing for them refer to kent as his parent club.

Now for the last year or so we have been told there are no longer assets in the NL including existing assets.

Now whilst I disagreed with the idea completely, I can see how they could do that but I always said you can't just strip clubs of assets they have paid for.

Looks today very much like clubs have kept thier existing assets, as in Pooles press release about James Shanes signing for them refer to kent as his parent club.

If you had Assets before the rule you can keep them. No new Assets would be allowed though. I imagine for exactly the reasons you've mentioned

Len Silver has said today that Kent Kings "own his contract" and that the signing for Poole does not preclude James riding for Kent Kings next season (depending of course on the points limit set in the forthcoming Promoters Meeting).

I hope that it is not too early in his career for James to move up to this level. Poole have a history of chewing up and spitting out riders when it suits them especially when it comes to the playoffs.