British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

What you need to consider with Clifton is he was carrying rib and knee injuries from when either Ruddick or Bowtell lost control inside him at Mildenhall in the NT way back at the beginning of the season.

I stand by the fact, what ever the limit we could of kept Ayres and Clifton or Shanes and Verge. But come tapes up I am sure we will have a team that's challenging for honours.

I as an outsider (Brummie). What is going on at Kent? I can't believe they are pushing out James Shanes (8.53) With only 3 riders signed totalling 19.5 and four riders still to sign, how can Shanes not be included in the balance of 19.5 that would still leave 10.97 for 3 more riders, surely entertainment should be a factor. A long tail? Join the club, most teams will be in the same boat, so to speak.

it has all gone a bit quiet on the team building (chucking together) front!

Perhaps they are really struggling to find any back up to Bowen ?

Perhaps they realise what a c**k up it was not including Ayres or Shanes? :nono:

I don't see the reasoning behind the "we won't release any more names as we won't get press coverage" what are you expecting it's hardly going to make national news. It's only if at all going to make it into the weekly paper which isn't affected at all by Xmas..... The people who want to know will find out by the internet which doesn't stop for Christmas.

• Like 1

Still think they will realise there are not enough 4 and 5 pointers around and their only hope of having a competitive side is to bring back Shanes. If someone else had grabbed him they would surely have said so.

I don't see the reasoning behind the "we won't release any more names as we won't get press coverage" what are you expecting it's hardly going to make national news. It's only if at all going to make it into the weekly paper which isn't affected at all by Xmas..... The people who want to know will find out by the internet which doesn't stop for Christmas.

Eastbourne grabbed a lot of social media exposure last year by making an announcement on Christmas morning. Still got in the papers the next week.

If Len and Chris Hunt are aiming to build a well balanced side then I expect they want Clifton to start the season as a reserve. Looking at the likely options, the Kings could end up with something like Kingston, Hopwood, Cottham plus a 3 pointer.

Saw Bradley Andrews at Rye last year looked a very good prospect,,was kind of hoping he might get signed by Lakeside,,

Saw Bradley Andrews at Rye last year looked a very good prospect,,was kind of hoping he might get signed by Lakeside,,

I was hoping he was coming back to Cradley....baffles me why he isn't.

He's paid for his air fare over so he's hoping to get a spot somewhere