British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Agree that he should be No 8.

He can then be given rides,does not put him under pressure by going straight in the team and it worries me he is so young for the hurly burly of NL Speedway.

And another point.

What if the rider who is used before him does really well,scoring points.

Do you say..... thanks but bye ???? :nono:

No, they just ditch somebody else?

As I put on the confirmed signings thread, I expect Kent to be crafty with this signing by getting in the top 3pt reserves from other teams to guest for them.

Pretty sure they will have to be unattached 3 point riders and not many about

Alex spooner William o keefe

Hmmm pass & pass thanks. I suspect strudwick or maybe couzins? Either way it's plenty of bike time for Bradley Andrews

How many points do Kent have left to play with?

I presume Hopwood is still favourite.

How many points do Kent have left to play with?

I presume Hopwood is still favourite.

6.48 i believe so Hopwood would put the Kings about half a point under the limit. In fairness only Cradley, Mildenhall, Stoke & possibly IOW (depending on Cook's mystery average) have got close to 39 point limit.

With only Buxton, Belle Vue & Kent able to fit Hopwood in i would say we are nailed on and need to be if the side is going to have a competitive look to it. Although a very poorly kept secret it does at least make sense to name the most positive signing last.

6.48 i believe so Hopwood would put the Kings about half a point under the limit. In fairness only Cradley, Mildenhall, Stoke & possibly IOW (depending on Cook's mystery average) have got close to 39 point limit.

With only Buxton, Belle Vue & Kent able to fit Hopwood in i would say we are nailed on and need to be if the side is going to have a competitive look to it. Although a very poorly kept secret it does at least make sense to name the most positive signing last.

As Kent are at the moment Hopwood is a MUST sign rider.

He can easily put 2 points on his average.

And more importantly a great support for Bowen.

p.s.

I just looked at Bens twitter and he recently retweeted a Kings Sponsorship tweet... a bit of a clue ?

Edited by AJ is King
  • Like 1

Hopwood it is.

No surprise,but great signing on his present average.

• Like 1

Hopwood it is.

No surprise,but great signing on his present average.

No surprise but definitely a relief. Gives Kent a very solid looking 1-5 although a lot will depend how they line up. Good years for Clifton & Stoneman & its a side that will be towards the top, average years for them and its mid table mediocrity i fear.

• Like 1

I think hopwood is a good signing but its nothin fantastic, been in the league a while now and never proved to be fantastic, solid rider but cant see him beating the big boys to often

I think hopwood is a good signing but its nothin fantastic, been in the league a while now and never proved to be fantastic, solid rider but cant see him beating the big boys to often

Agree with this this is something like 10 years now isn't it? And he will go out and only score 3 or 4 on occasions unlike Shane's and Ayres. If he doesn't hit the ground running this year it could be another painful year. Secretly I wasn't to bothered with hopwood leaving us last season as he was the "weaker" link in the top 5

Agree with this this is something like 10 years now isn't it? And he will go out and only score 3 or 4 on occasions unlike Shane's and Ayres. If he doesn't hit the ground running this year it could be another painful year. Secretly I wasn't to bothered with hopwood leaving us last season as he was the "weaker" link in the top 5

He was the best thing since sliced bread when he was at Eastbourne on an eight point average.

• Like 1

He was the best thing since sliced bread when he was at Eastbourne on an eight point average.

No, not for me he wasn't 8 points was far too expensive for the start of last season and I think the unfortunate injuries could have been a blessing in disguise so we could get Adam and Ellis instead. And Perks who was on a lower average was a much better rider. Im not putting the guy down he's a great head to have in your team and can be a very good rider especially on a 5 average but he's not unknown for the odd bad score when it matters.

Anyways good luck for 2017, a bit disappointed we aren't meeting over Easter.

Edited by Al3x200