British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Kent look like being in trouble against Eastbourne in their KO Cup fixtures this week-end. With Brennan still able to do 7 rides and Kent

without Hopwood and Clifton and the rule book not allowing adequate replacements for either. I'll bet they're cursing Newcastle for signing

Hopwood and getting priority of use.

Kent look like being in trouble against Eastbourne in their KO Cup fixtures this week-end. With Brennan still able to do 7 rides and Kent

without Hopwood and Clifton and the rule book not allowing adequate replacements for either. I'll bet they're cursing Newcastle for signing

Hopwood and getting priority of use.

Paying for announcing riders before the points limit was announced.

Perhaps there may be a shortage of medical cover Monday..... :)

What team did Kent announce before the points limit was agreed ?

Which riders? It was Bowen and Thomas I think.

What team did Kent announce before the points limit was agreed ?

Not so much team but signings were made namely Bowen, Clifton, Thomas & Hopwood then when the points limit was lower than Len was expecting he could no longer fit Shanes into the side & Stoneman was recruited instead.

In my personal view it would have been better to keep Shanes and release Clifton in place of another 3 point rider (Spooner?) which would have given the team a powerful top four and potential in the tail. As things stand Spooner did well and has been released whilst Clifton & Stoneman combined are just achieving the points that Shanes would have done alone.

• Like 1

I note today that Kent are claiming that Spooner has not been released and is only on loan to Lakeside for this week-end. But he has been named

as a full member of the Lakeside team alongside Paul Hurry.

I note today that Kent are claiming that Spooner has not been released and is only on loan to Lakeside for this week-end. But he has been named

as a full member of the Lakeside team alongside Paul Hurry.

Lakeside are using the terminology of 'guest' as well now. But guests assume the average of the rider they're replacing, so bringing in Spooner for Hunter as a 'guest' is irrelevant.

Dose anybody know if there are provisions for disabled parking other than the few at the front of the car park. my wife and I arrived yesterday only to find nowhere to park and driving home again. I cannot walk far and had to give up.