British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

Kent Kings 2017

Really bad night for Kent, Luke Clifton shattered femur and possible broken tib and fib plus further rib injuries, and Skipper Luke Bowen fractured arm and torn rotary cuff.

Hopefully both make full recoveries.

Think I'll make one of my occasional trips down the A2 to Sittingbourne this evening to see the Americans. Looks like they did very well

at Mildenhall yesterday so must be worth watching. Our team ( The Hammers) look to have a good chance and will be interesting to see

how Alfie gets on, he's been steadily getting better and is one of the reasons that we will make the Play-Offs..

Think I'll make one of my occasional trips down the A2 to Sittingbourne this evening to see the Americans. Looks like they did very well

at Mildenhall yesterday so must be worth watching. Our team ( The Hammers) look to have a good chance and will be interesting to see

how Alfie gets on, he's been steadily getting better and is one of the reasons that we will make the Play-Offs..

Thought about this after the positive reviews from Mildenhall yesterday but the opposition was stronger which made it a better spectacle i suspect.

I did initially think the Hammers would do ok if they fielded there top 4 but as they are not and theres no Bowen i suspect the Dream Team will run riot so going to save my pennies.

Saw pictures posted of the track, it's a disgrace, massive blue groove after just a few heats of racing, but it seems this is the norm for this track.

Well, Claret73, I was present at the track for the USA 4TT as opposed to looking at pictures. Plenty of shale about as I could see and

a blue groove appeared, like on many tracks, because the riders were using full throttle on the inside line which, of course, moved the

shale to the outside which became very grippy indeed. All the Americans seemed to love it as did Jack Thomas and Ben Hopwood for

Kent, and in the later races by our own Ben ( Morley). The USA team were too good for most of the opposition but were worth watching

simply because they were spectacular. Caught sight of Jon Cook in the stadium, so he was obviously keen enough to support the

Hammers quartet even though it was not the strongest 4 we could have sent. On paper to start with we looked to have similar strength

to all except the Americans, so it was fair enough I suppose. Wish Lakeside was as plush as Sittingbourne.

What a shame that the very attractive USA quartet were not given the respect of having decent opposition from the Lakeside or Kestrels fours. With all due respect to William O'Keefe, another national League rider of heat leader quality was needed, and although Connor Locke and Jamie Couzins tried hard, they were never going to be on the pace with any of the USA World Team Cup lads.

Jack Thomas certainly gave them a run for their money, and would have had a maximum had Tom Brennan not fallen. Ben Morley got a little bit of a nudge on the outside of Luke Becker out of bend two in heat 5 and lifted alarmingly into the boards - thankfully he was able to continue.

As for the Americans, Dillon Ruml was worth the admission price alone just for way he attacked the track in his first two rides; Gino was smooth and classy; Broc Nicol lost out to Jack Thomas and was behind Ben Hopwood in his first when he slid off on the last bend last lap, and Luke Becker looked good, losing out only to Ben Hopwood. These lads are obviously progressing, and look to have decent equipement and support. Gino and Ruml on this showing are Championship standard - lets hope they don't get beaten up in the World Cup.

• Like 1