British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

2017 Season Tickets

Have any NL Teams put their season tickets on sale yet? Would anyone like to be able to buy one for someone as an Xmas present?

What are the prices for season tickets expected to be around the country?

Does your club's season ticket include or exclude KOCup and post-season play-off meetings?

Eastbourne don't

Surely need agm before season ticket prices are announced.

I've seen them on sale before the end of the previous season in the past.

On the basis that we have to wait for the AGM though, this could end up taking forever, and it could miss the Xmas present sales opportunity. Oh, well...

On this topic and prices in general, how many tracks no longer have reduced prices for seniors?

I think the problem here could be determining what a senior is - 60, 65, 66, 67?

At some meetings, 90% of the punters would qualify for a senior discount.

:t:

A season ticket for Stoke in 2016 was advertised at £185.

As far as I can see, Stoke managed to put on 12 home meetings so the loyal season ticket holder would have been paying £15-42 per meeting.

I think anyone who thought that this represented good value for money would either be very poor at arithmetic or a few bricks short of a load.

With many speedway operations running on a financial knife edge and reluctant to honour their advertised end of season fixtures, buying a speedway season ticket is probably riskier than buying shares in the National Tiddlywink Stadium.

At some meetings, 90% of the punters would qualify for a senior discount.

Wouldn't surprise me. I've been at the ticket queue at Birmingham on many occasions when I (as an over 50y.o.) was the only full fare payer.