British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

Pipe Remains At The Helm

So it looks as though the gallant Hitmen have decided to hang in there for another year.

Mr Pipe informs us that he has got a good No1 signed up and there are several other riders poised to break cover and pull on the Buxton race jackets for 2017.

Mr Pipe's statement that "one or two signings may shock" is a little worrying in the light of some of the previous occupants of the Buxton pits.

Hopefully, some of last year's team will get a chance to make further progress and we wait with bated breath for the first team announcement.

Anyone like to hazard a guess who this out and out Numero Uno is likely to be?

Perhaps a refugee from the Gorton Gallopers?

:t:

Edited by Little Thumper
  • Like 1

Pipe also says he's signed 4 riders already and are close with another 2 and are assuming it's a 35 point limit!

Pipe also says he's signed 4 riders already and are close with another 2 and are assuming it's a 35 point limit!

That'll be 24 by September.

• Like 1

There you go!

People are very quick to come on here and have a go at our great leader, Mr Pipe.

But he is making all these other NL teams look pretty silly - he apparently has more psychic powers than Mystic Meg, as he has looked into the future and seen what the points limit is going to be and using this information to good effect, has already got a shed-load of riders signed up and they are being measured for their sheepskin race suits even as we speak!

So look out Blue Rinsers, Brummies and Heathens, you might have had a bit of a laugh at little Buxton last year but now Mr Pipe has lined up a team of superstars and revenge will be sweet.

I might just pop down to my branch of Corbett's Bookmakers and wager a couple of pounds on Buxton Hitmen to be 2017 NL Champions. I'll be quids in by the end of the season.

:party:

• Like 1

BUXTON ANNOUNCE BIG NAME NO.1 STAR

Buxton boss Jason Pipe today revealed that the Hitmen have made their first signing for the 2017 season with the acquisition of a big name No.1

Pipe said "I am delighted to reveal the first signing for 2017, and it's a bigly one. The biggliest. Our first signing is our No.1 Jason Pipe who will be the team manager and Lord of all the Beasts of the Earth, and Fishes of the Seas, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Derbyshire in general, and the High Peak in particular"

Pipe continued "Most people think a star rider to be the No.1, but really the riders are just mere pawns in this chess game we call speedway. I am the No.1 and I am pleased to welcome myself to the club, and I look forward to writing many press releases about myself during the year".

Thanking Pipe for his welcome to the club Pipe said "I will build a great team - a bigly team - and nobody builds teams better than me, believe me. And I'll build it very inexpensively. I'll build a great, great team. And I'll make Birmingham pay for that team. Mark my words"

Not a fan then?

BUXTON ANNOUNCE BIG NAME NO.1 STAR

Buxton boss Jason Pipe today revealed that the Hitmen have made their first signing for the 2017 season with the acquisition of a big name No.1

Pipe said "I am delighted to reveal the first signing for 2017, and it's a bigly one. The biggliest. Our first signing is our No.1 Jason Pipe who will be the team manager and Lord of all the Beasts of the Earth, and Fishes of the Seas, and Conqueror of the British Empire in Derbyshire in general, and the High Peak in particular"

Pipe continued "Most people think a star rider to be the No.1, but really the riders are just mere pawns in this chess game we call speedway. I am the No.1 and I am pleased to welcome myself to the club, and I look forward to writing many press releases about myself during the year".

Thanking Pipe for his welcome to the club Pipe said "I will build a great team - a bigly team - and nobody builds teams better than me, believe me. And I'll build it very inexpensively. I'll build a great, great team. And I'll make Birmingham pay for that team. Mark my words"

186188-Donald-Trump-Can-t-Even-Control-H

Wow! I didn't realize that Mr Pipe was related to Donald Trump but clearly this rhetoric shows that they are brothers in blood.

With a leader as charismatic and popular as Mr Pipe and with a steel shipping container full of "shocking" riders, what could possibly go wrong?

:)

Edited by Little Thumper

Rumours were st the end of the year pipe was to take over at Eastbourne? Guess that deal fell through.

It would be nice if Buxton had a top no 1 in the NL. and have a competitive team again.

Great admirer of Jayne Moss for maintaining a true ethos of encouraging and developing young riders.

• Like 5

Rumours were st the end of the year Pipe was to take over at Eastbourne? Guess that deal fell through.

It was Peterborough.

Give Pipie a chance Dean Felton Paul Burnett Jon Bethell all on way back even Richard Moss himselfc

could be in the line up watch this space

Jason pipe holds Buxton back.. He spouts rubbish and knows nothing . Small club mentality will always hold you back i am afraid .I understand Buxton have financial restraints but constantly going on about how poor you are and how small you budget is hardly inspires fans or riders to go there.

Jason pipe holds Buxton back.. He spouts rubbish and knows nothing . Small club mentality will always hold you back i am afraid .I understand Buxton have financial restraints but constantly going on about how poor you are and how small you budget is hardly inspires fans or riders to go there.

Fair point, redandyellow.

But I would rather Mr Pipe say something rather than nothing.

Lots of clubs seem to work on a need to know basis and often the long-suffering supporters don't need to know.

Buxton haven't got a lot of money to slosh about and perhaps, we don't need to be reminded of the fact in each of Mr Pipe's monologues.

Whilst Mr Pipe may not be perfect, I don't envy his task of trying to cobble a team together every week.

But perhaps this year, we shall a team comprising of some experienced hands and some fresh young hopefuls.

But I would rather that any team that I try and support had a small club mentality and survived rather than having a big club mentality and perhaps disappearing faster than a very fast thing.

:t:

Buxton are a small club though, I assume they make little to no profit each year but continue to run because of a love for the sport from those behind the scenes. That isn't small club mentality from Buxton it is them telling it how it is.

They assemble a team every year, sometimes they put a team out that isn't competitive granted but they do it within their means and there are years when the riders they have helped to develop all click and they do well, they won the league as recently as 2010 with a team containing Craig Cook, Nick Morris, Jason Garrity and Rob Branford.

I don't know much about Pipe, he seems to have plenty of detractors though, but if he is putting time and effort into helping Buxton run he has to be commended for that at the very least.

• Like 1

Give Pipie a chance Dean Felton Paul Burnett Jon Bethell all on way back even Richard Moss himselfc

could be in the line up watch this space

he has asked a few times 😀
  • Like 2