British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

Wonder why Buxton didn't sign extance in his return to the sport as an eastbourne fan I'm hoping the technical side of Buxton would have prepared him for Eastbourne

Maybe you should ask your own promotion and then you can let us know.

• Like 2

Yeah I imagine you had Adam signed up and Eastie offered up a better package overall.

As the riders will have their fuel,oil and lubricant covered for the whole season as result of fans sponsoring it for the riders.

Yeah I imagine you had Adam signed up and Eastie offered up a better package overall.

As the riders will have their fuel,oil and lubricant covered for the whole season as result of fans sponsoring it for the riders.

Not exactly

If thats what Eastbourne riders have to do to get sponsorship i think i would take my chances with Pipe at Buxton :D

• Like 1

If thats what Eastbourne riders have to do to get sponsorship i think i would take my chances with Pipe at Buxton :D

Sounds like some eye-watering sponsorship deals at Eastbourne.

I would imagine the lubricant is for their Pipe!

• Like 2

Would make a good side however we are led to believe that Hopwood will be much further south, RTD will be going potty unless he has a change of mind again and sadly i thought Knuckley had I retired?

He hasn't retired. It was in the speedway star that he won't be fit for the start of the season but wants to get back on a bike.

Sounds like some eye-watering sponsorship deals at Eastbourne.

I would imagine the lubricant is for their Pipe!

Hey, watch it, matey.

I might be offended here.................if I could remember what it was that I was going to be offended about.

Yeah, remembered now.

What have you got against pipe smokers?

634f520379acd6e1aa0008bf757b348a.jpg

Edited by Little Thumper

Those 3 riders are an interesting choice, but I would choose Ben Hopwood (5.83) Terry Ryan Daley (4.55) & Martin Knuckley (6.37) I believe that would offer more strength in depth.

Martin Knuckey wont be riding as still recovering from his badly broken leg

Martin Knuckey wont be riding as still recovering from his badly broken leg

Shame, as I thought Martin looked superb before his accident; made a big improvement last season. Hope he decides to ride again when he has recovered

I am hoping to see Lee Dicken back at Buxton this year.

I believe his wisdom could be useful for the less experienced riders and perhaps he might adopt something of a Tony Atkin role and provide some sort of a buffer zone between Friend Pipe's aspirations and the daylight of reality.

Hopefully, his New Year diet plan is holding out!

Not sure that Kean Dicken will be returning to the hills as he may develop more quickly when he leaves the safety of the paternal nest and tries to plough his own furrow.

I feel sure that future team announcements will be coming soon.

:t:

And of course, there is always a chance that a rider who has previously done some laps round the magnificent Buxton track might think that now would be a good time to make a return?

After all, that lovely crisp Derbyshire air is the equivalent of £5 a point at least!

Edited by Little Thumper

Not sure Kean Dicken will be anywhere else his father signs? As a 15/16 year old he is going to reliant on the family transport and im not sure how workable that would be if they were riding for separate teams?

Kean:"Dad ive got an away match at Mildenhall this weekend"

Lee:"Oh eck Buxton are at home on Sunday, don't worry im sure Mr Pipe won't mind if i miss it"

Not sure Kean Dicken will be anywhere else his father signs? As a 15/16 year old he is going to reliant on the family transport and im not sure how workable that would be if they were riding for separate teams?

Kean:"Dad ive got an away match at Mildenhall this weekend"

Lee:"Oh eck Buxton are at home on Sunday, don't worry im sure Mr Pipe won't mind if i miss it"

I hear what you are saying.

I noticed that Bradley Andrews, who is joining Kent at reserve has the luxury of a full time mechanic.

Perhaps the Dicken family are suitably affluent and can employ a hired hand?

But then again, perhaps not.

Edited by Little Thumper

Kean apparently is going to brum according to another thread?

Is that right?

Thanks for that, TurnTwo.

I can't imagine that Lee Dicken is going to Birmingham, no offence, Lee!

So perhaps the old race suit will be appearing on Fleabay any day now.

But then again........................................