Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

Even if he averaged 3 at EL level last year, x that by 1.4 to get PL figure, then doubled for NL. His average would be just below 9 at best (although that would be a steal still)

Think Jacobs would be 10.72? Either way far too high. With just over 11 points to play with and hints that Buxton will be without another true heatleader it points towards a 5 & 6 point rider and Shelby starting at reserve?

Won't it be great when Kean Dicken beats Lee Dicken!😂 In my eyes Kean will be the one maybe "improving his average by 2 points"

Won't it be great when Kean Dicken beats Lee Dicken!😂 In my eyes Kean will be the one maybe "improving his average by 2 points"

I'd suggest getting your eyes tested in that case.

The 39 points limit was voted in to make the NL more competitive and judging so far by the make up of most teams this will happen, I don't want to see any team under strength. and so to Buxton, who's likely to complete their seven? 11:29 for the remaining two riders seems good and assuming another 3 pointer is recruited leaves 8:29, but who? (Ellis Perks 8.25) who doesn't want to ride in all three leagues and Luke Chessell (8.:09) says he'll sit out 2017 and I assume most of the others that fit (Lee Payne 8:11), Jack Smith (6.:32) & (Rob Shuttleworth 6:60) will end up at Belle Vue. Is Mr Williamson likely to be challenged at NO.1 I think not. Sorry to be full of doom & gloom, let's hope a rabbit is pulled from the hat!

Good luck to the young lad. Who will be Buxtons final signing? 8.33 points left.

Logic would say an 8 point average, but knowing Pipe probably a 3 point rider, the other Basford maybe? Ben Bastard

What about Lee Payne? He seems to be a decent rider who's based towards the north of the country (Belle Vue, Stoke and Redcar being his past teams)

Logic would say an 8 point average, but knowing Pipe probably a 3 point rider, the other Basford maybe? Ben Bastard

What about Lee Payne? He seems to be a decent rider who's based towards the north of the country (Belle Vue, Stoke and Redcar being his past teams)

Unfortunately there are no available riders on or around the 8 point mark - feel free to correct me though. As for Lee Payne think you will see him back at Belle Vue.

Hi Dandelion

We have 8.29 to play with, but like Jayne says, there is just no riders available. I've spent many hours chatting to riders on Facebook, on the Phone and by going to see them in Person. There's no Heat Leaders and no 2nd Strings available. I've even tried riders who haven't raced for a few years! Unfortunately all we have left to choose from is 3.00 point or 3.00 + riders, which is not ideal when your needing to bring in a Heat Leader!

Unless a rider becomes available, unexpectedly, then I'll have to try and make sure I get this other 3.00 pointer right. The Current plan is for me to attend Scunthorpe, Northside, Redcar and Peterborough regular, up until near the start of the season and speak to one or two people and look to see who's about and draw up a shortlist. Maybe I can unearth a newbie to the Sport?

Over the coming weeks and liaising with Jayne, I'd like to draw up a short list of around 4 or 5 3.00 pointers and invite them along to Buxton's Press & Practice on Sunday 9th April to see how they can handle our track? We need these riders to see our track first before we do a deal with anyone. Last season we put in Ryan Burton, who had never seen the track before and he struggled so much with the track and we need to learn from that. This may be a bit 'Old School', but I believe this is the best way to go about this.

Up to now, this is how the Buxton team will line up...

1 Matt Williamson 9.49

2 Lee Geary 3.00 or Shelby Rutherford

3 Tom Woolley 4.90

4 Shelby Rutherford 4.45 or AN OTHER

5 Lee Dicken 5.87

6 Lee Geary or AN OTHER (3.00)

7 Carl Basford 3.00

If a Heat Leader or a 2nd String suddenly becomes available, then Shelby will to at Number 2 and Lee Geary at 6.

Regards

Jason Pipe