British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

David Howe ? Richard hall ?

David Howe has retired from League Speedway. Richard Hall isn't eligible to race both Championship and NL. Plus both averages are too high to fit in. We only have 8.29 to play with.

Can clubs name a rider then not use him e.g. Name ellis perks use him for a couple of meetings and get a guest up to his avg for all the other matches

Can clubs name a rider then not use him e.g. Name ellis perks use him for a couple of meetings and get a guest up to his avg for all the other matches

But what would be the point in that? Maybe Adam extance would have been a good call

Looking at the rules as presently constructed I think you are onto something!

But what would be the point in that? Maybe Adam extance would have been a good call

I read somewhere perks wasn't interested in riding all 3 leagues but they could just do a deal with him where he rides as and when and then they use a guest? If the rules allow it

James Shanes, although he's busy with long track & grass track quite a few weekends - could use a guest when not available

James Shanes, although he's busy with long track & grass track quite a few weekends - could use a guest when not available

James Shanes is a 'no-go' his average is too high (8.53) Buxton have only (8.29) as a balance Ellis Perks at (8.25) would fit nicely but he has said no to riding in all 3 leagues, who they go with must now be a major headache, Luke Chessell(8.09) would fit, but is he available?

• Like 1

I can't believe this should even be allowed let alone considered ,people keep banging on about how much this league is for young riders etc so use them and ban r/r and guests in national league all together

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 9

Tim webster?

Tim's average is too high and he told me yesterday that he's not in a position to ride at the moment.

I would agree with getting rid of r/r, but not guests as only nl riders can guest for NL teams so guests do help the progression of riders as your giving more track time and investment, rather than having no rider at all as a rider cant be their because of doubling up or is injured

I can't believe this should even be allowed let alone considered ,people keep banging on about how much this league is for young riders etc so use them and ban r/r and guests in national league all together

I don't think it's allowed per se but the absent rule allows for it and I'm not sure getting rid of the absence rule is an option. I agree with the R/R rule it shouldn't happen in this league the lord knows riders are scratching around for rides if the don't DU but the R/R rule had to be brought in because of the absence rule. If that makes sense.