British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

I think you're right actually.

I think it would suit him as he retired initially because of work so with a Sunday club that shouldnt affect him and less competitions mean not so many meetings but he can still guest if he wants extra rides

Really pleased for Buxton as it looks certain. Disappointed he decided to have a year out or he would have been back at Arlington but apart from that Buxton would have been my choice for him. Jayne deserves a break (and several more).

Having seen Jake twice this year he is different class and looks sure to get the full 15 when he visits us later on and we will not begrudge him that. They will be top heavy but if Woolley and Rutherford give them the right support they will be difficult to beat at home and competitive away.

Good Luck to them.

• Like 2

I think knight let Buxton down a couple of seasons ago when he was dropped from Sheffield. I think he signed for Buxton but then retired I seem to remember

Jake never let Eastbourne down last year, so look after him and he'll look after you. If he's confirmed as the new rider which seems the case pleased for you and should get your season going, bit top heavy but will be good to watch.

Edited by gazzac

Not going today Not going till Buxton Get a proper side 3 proper heat leaders 2 proper second strings and 2 reserves same riders every week a proper TEAM riders who will give their all for Buxton Speedway because borrowed riders do not give their best

Edited by fredbogge

Buxton have signed somebody for Perks, from next week, that puts them over the limit so an injured Dicken is out for a 3 pointer. Who's about on an average that big? I can only think of Jacobs.

Max Clegg.

But the Wolves/Cradley promotion won't let him ride until after Cradley have been there today and collected their 4 points ;)

Max Clegg.

But the Wolves/Cradley promotion won't let him ride until after Cradley have been there today and collected their 4 points ;)

Lol

what ave would Max & Jake be on ??

Clegg comes in on 10+, which is 2 points more than Perks. Hence they are also having to drop Lee Dicken and bring in a 3.00 rider. (William O'Keefe?)

I'd love it if somebody could come on here and put a valid argument forward as to how and why that result is good for third tier speedway.

And if the earlier comment about Clegg not being able to ride to day is correct (I assume there is a good chance that it isn't) then words absolutely fail me.

I'd love it if somebody could come on here and put a valid argument forward as to how and why that result is good for third tier speedway.

And if the earlier comment about Clegg not being able to ride to day is correct (I assume there is a good chance that it isn't) then words absolutely fail me.

It isn't good for speedway in general.

Didn't think Clegg was eligible for NL this year either.

Extremely unlikely Clegg could have ridden for Buxton this afternoon anyway (without bringing start time forward) as he is at Workington tonight for Edinburgh, but I've been told that stipulations were made that he mustn't ride for Buxton until after the Cradley match...Whether that is true or mischief making I wouldn't know.

Load of rubbish as you said cause if he did sign you would still of had a 3 pointer for him as he was riding for Edinburgh today, so makes no difference

If it's true it's pathetic but unlikely if he's at Workington tonight. Would've been good to see him against us. At the start of the meeting there was a fair few watching from the stox event next door but even they got bored. Not the best of meetings tbh but 4 points I suppose