British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Little Thumper

Buxton 2017

Except you're not right as you can't have the Basford's at reserve. Ben is in the top 5.

I didn't mean that bit, as I'd already corrected it in the post anyway :P But I just meant the signings

• Like 1

Brilliant top 2 but then they face the Warriors next who equally have a brilliant top 2. The move has increased the team strength though and will keep the scores respectable away as well.

Fair play to Jason Pipe for a detailed and honest explanation of events.

:o

Jamie Halder replaces Shelby Rutherford.

Another genius move. Rutherford has been loyal to Buxton and has spent most of the year riding out of position and still gets dropped.

Halder will be unlikely to return next season and now so will Rutherford. Buxton have a tough time securing riders as it is without the constant chopping and changing of the side.

As for the honest explanation from Mr Pipe? Its got more spin than an ashes tour.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
  • Like 1

Shelby wasn't happy at Buxton and his crash there last year was still effecting his racing. Surely by getting him fixed up at Cradley we have done our best for him as hopefully the change will make him happier. Whilst Shelby has been loyal to Buxton, we in turn have been loyal to him. He has found points hard to come by and has not been enjoying his racing we could have just said to him that he no longer had a team spot but instead we helped him to do a deal with Cradley.

• Like 2

Any date set to ride the home match v Plymouth?

Unfortunately not - the first date we have is not acceptable to Plymouth so who knows?

Have to say its the first time i have ever heard of the bspa declaring a hierarchical order when three riders are tied on the same average? Ive always thought that if you had 3 x 3 pointers in a team they can choose whichever ones they want at reserve?

Have to say its the first time i have ever heard of the bspa declaring a hierarchical order when three riders are tied on the same average? Ive always thought that if you had 3 x 3 pointers in a team they can choose whichever ones they want at reserve?

It always been like it tbf. If riders are tied in an average during the season, its hierarchical based on last months average. It's at the start of the season when you can pick the order yourself.

• Like 1

Wow...if Jason makes this kind of offer to anyone who moans about him, I'll do my best to get him installed at Lakeside, then

make every criticism that I can.....would save me a fortune.