British Speedway Forum

APRIL 1st...

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

Think it must be your Postman,I'm East Scotland get it Fri latest every week.

Ps

My subscription ran out last week ,phone Monday morning and renewed it,they stuck last weeks In the Post for me and I got it on Tuesday morning.

Cheers, it's only parts of the area that the problem seem to arise. People five and ten miles from me can get it on Thursday, so why can't I? Right enough last weeks copy, which arrived yesterday, was opened so maybe the postie reads it first. :o:cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 2

Cheers, it's only parts of the area that the problem seem to arise. People five and ten miles from me can get it on Thursday, so why can't I? Right enough last weeks copy, which arrived yesterday, was opened so maybe the postie reads it first. :o:cheers:

Many a true word spoken in jest tyretrax. :t::rofl: :rofl:

SORRY you are having problems with delivery of your Speedway Star. Think that Royal Mail are simply passing the buck. Nothing we can do beyond paying for a first class service and hoping that Royal Mail literally deliver.

Very unlike you to give a brush-off, Philip.

Tyretrax is just one of maybe 25 local-to-Glasgow subscribers I know of who are suffering from a truly awful service. We do talk to each other, you know.

You do have a real problem -- people who complain to your office when they don't have their Star by (say) Monday get another copy posted to them, which invariably arrives the very next day, usually along with the missing copy.

For you to say that you pay Royal Mail for a first-class service and then just shrug your shoulders and say you then just hope they deliver isn't really good customer service.

• Like 2

A few years back it was late even in Reading! I rang Royal Mail to complain, got nowhere. Then wrote threatening to send lettersj to the local rag (which no longer exists) and my MP.

Since then I have received the Star every Thursday, only once was it two days late.

Tyretrax is just one of maybe 25 local-to-Glasgow subscribers I know of who are suffering from a truly awful service. We do talk to each other, you know.

You do have a real problem -- people who complain to your office when they don't have their Star by (say) Monday get another copy posted to them, which invariably arrives the very next day, usually along with the missing copy.

For you to say that you pay Royal Mail for a first-class service and then just shrug your shoulders and say you then just hope they deliver isn't really good customer service.

What do you want him to do? Deliver the mag personally?

Once the mag has left the printers/office, it's in Royal Mail's hands, which, to me, makes it an issue (no pun intended) to take up with Royal Mail (always providing it's been sent by Pinegen, of course).

• Like 5

You must be one of the few that have never had an issue with the Royal Mail. The only difference between 1st & 2nd class these days is the price.

Must add I've never had a problem with my Star delivery.

Edited by MrBeanti

He doesn't drive the Post Van or I am sure he would deliver the SS first!!!!!!

What do you want him to do? Deliver the mag personally?

Once the mag has left the printers/office, it's in Royal Mail's hands, which, to me, makes it an issue (no pun intended) to take up with Royal Mail (always providing it's been sent by Pinegen, of course).

The Royal Mail don't take complaints from Speedway Star customers and will only deal with THEIR customer Pinegen. :mad:

Great edition today- big feature on the 1990 all conquering Reading Racers.

I await with baited breath. Hope they give due credit to that svengali of a team manager.

Edited by arnieg

The Royal Mail don't take complaints from Speedway Star customers and will only deal with THEIR customer Pinegen. :mad:

You could always subscribe to the online version if you like reading it that way.Just a thought !

WE do complain but are always told that the complaint should go to the local sorting office in question.. Although they do not guarantee next day delivery it is an expectation.

Over the past the few years, I think I've probably had to contact the SS around four or five times as my copy has never arrived.

Without any questions asked, they've always put another one in post, which I believe I'm right in saying has arrived the next day, although at the same time, the original has NEVER arrived.