British Speedway Forum

I always enjoy reading the foreign section and if one feels British Speedway is on the decline you'll read Speedway is now all but dead in many other countries (although not quite as dead in Bulgaria where the Star incorrectly stated there had been no meetings since 2014). Often it's down to a few old time riders and local enthusiasts to just about keep things alive.

Are there any speedway meetings in Bulgaria in 2017?

One thing missing in the International section this year was a preview for the USA speedway season

Some debate here on speedway in other parts of the world:

Countries Where League Racing Has Failed

A great read as usual and to be honest even if it was at 3.50/ 4.00 pound it would still be great value.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Are there any speedway meetings in Bulgaria in 2017?

One thing missing in the International section this year was a preview for the USA speedway season

UNFORTUNATELY our USA guy missed the print deadline ...

Team USA are really pushing for the future, it's good to see the info for them on a regular basis, Steve Evans and the team are seriously on a mission.

the preview edition of the Star is great value and seeing some of the predictions does make me chuckle

I haven't managed to get a copy of the season preview yet - not even from my local Asda which usually has loads of copies :cry: - my last resort is Perry Barr track shop on Wednesday.

A great read as usual and to be honest even if it was at 3.50/ 4.00 pound it would still be great value.

It is excellent,but don't give them ideas ;)

I haven't managed to get a copy of the season preview yet - not even from my local Asda which usually has loads of copies :cry: - my last resort is Perry Barr track shop on Wednesday.

OR you can call 020-83351113

• Like 1

OR you can call 020-83351113

Tesco came to the rescue. There would be no point in ordering for delivery as I cannot bear crumpled/damaged/bent magazines - one reason why I refuse to buy pre-read (or 2nd hand ) shelf copies. Wish the magazine was poly wrapped to stop shop flickers - you either want to buy or you don't.

There would be no point in ordering for delivery as I cannot bear crumpled/damaged/bent magazines......

You must have a very rough postman as I've never had any of these problems. :lol:

• Like 2

Tesco came to the rescue. There would be no point in ordering for delivery as I cannot bear crumpled/damaged/bent magazines - one reason why I refuse to buy pre-read (or 2nd hand ) shelf copies. Wish the magazine was poly wrapped to stop shop flickers - you either want to buy or you don't.

Or too tight to buy so flick through 😁

Guilty as charged...that's me! If I see a copy on the shelf at Smith's I tend to have a flick (and it is a flick!) thru'.

Just started reading the latest Speedy Star, Jon Cook must have been completely p!$$€d up when doing his Premiership review.

Spat my drink out when saw King's Lynn 7th :rofl:

He "don't think they'll really challenge for the Play-Offs" and the team "looks a fairly average pick"

The tw@ even has Somerset above us :lol:

• Like 1

I think the Star folk just did it for a laugh.

With it being the April 1st issue, and all.

Getting two of the most unsuccessful managers of the modern era to give an insight into their 'knowledge'.

Surely, if they had the first idea what made a winning team, they would have put more of them together

It did feel a bit like we were 'mocking the afflicted' by putting the poor old dears up for public ridicule.

But entertaining nonetheless.

The pre-season edition was an excellent read once again. Luckily I get my copy on subscription these days, as all the usual outlets in Carlisle appeared to have sold out.