British Speedway Forum

The weirdiest thing about the Royal Mail .. is how different their service is claimed top be for different businesses.

I have worked in the same NHS anxillary business for 30 years; the last twenty in ownership.

In that time there has been a massive move to courier servives for boxes sent to us daily.

The servive has ranged from quite good to appalling.

And when something goes missing it is a nightmare to get restitution even with high value stuff and supposedly 'tracked' methods.

I have never, myself, needed to use couriers to send out my items.

In the last twenty years I have NEVER had one single Royal Mail letter or packet go astray.

That would be out of probably somewhere near 10,000 sent.

EXCEPT when I send a doctors letter.
50% of those are claimed by the surgeries to have never arrived.

And a similar number of letters from hospitals via the Mail are also said to be 'lost in the post'.

It's almost supernatural.

Edited by Grand Central

Is there any particular reason why SCBNL news is frequently pushed behind International speedway and Grass Track news? I would have expected it to follow SCB Championship bearing I'm mind the Speedway Star is a BRITISH Speedway publication, isn't it?

• Like 1

For once - from me a compliment.

I bought 'The Big Issue' - no not that one - the big issue of 'Speedway Star' (April 1st 2017 Edition) and I am very pleased with it.

My compliments to the Staff who put the Magazine together - an excellent job.

Well Done.

The weirdiest thing about the Royal Mail .. is how different their service is claimed top be for different businesses.

I have worked in the same NHS anxillary business for 30 years; the last twenty in ownership.

In that time there has been a massive move to courier servives for boxes sent to us daily.

The servive has ranged from quite good to appalling.

And when something goes missing it is a nightmare to get restitution even with high value stuff and supposedly 'tracked' methods.

I have never, myself, needed to use couriers to send out my items.

In the last twenty years I have NEVER had one single Royal Mail letter or packet go astray.

That would be out of probably somewhere near 10,000 sent.

EXCEPT when I send a doctors letter.

50% of those are claimed by the surgeries to have never arrived.

And a similar number of letters from hospitals via the Mail are also said to be 'lost in the post'.

It's almost supernatural.

Supernatural or super disorganisation at surgeries and hospitals 😐

Living in the outskirts of Britain , I gave up relying on newsagents for my SS.

With a subscription, I have not had problems.... arrives Thursday except Bank holiday weeks when it is Friday.

• Like 1

It's not the stars fault it doesn't get delivered on time it's the useless Royal Mail. I worked there long enough to know the place is a shambles. Besides ,it being 24 hours late is not the end of the world

Unfortunately the Royal Mail say that the fault is the Star's. I cannot make a complaint against the postal service because the delivery contract is with the Star.

Unfortunately the Royal Mail say that the fault is the Star's. I cannot make a complaint against the postal service because the delivery contract is with the Star.

You obviously have an agenda

And why would you think that? And what would it be?

Edited by tyretrax

The only way it can be the stars fault is if they don't hand over the copies on time,so someone's telling porkies. I know who my monies on

MEANING?

No more Star for me, :nono: I have been reading it since 1964.

You'd better get a shufty on, there's loads more editions. Seriously, it's still a top mag - out of their control when passed on to RM. Your subs due date would have nothing to do with it. Agree they should follow up all late delivery complaints, as I expect they do. For years mine has consistently hit the mat every Thursday - although it's gone from 9am to 2,3,4,5pm. I'm sure they would assist you when challenging your poor service.

I'm not saying that the Star's not a good magazine. I'm just fed up getting it by post almost a week late.

I think you're right.

The Star post out a few thousand magazines every Wednesday, and they all drop through letterboxes all over the country every Thursday.....except one.

...and it's always the same one.

Even if this were true (and I don't believe for one minute that it is) then only someone without a single operating braincell could think this was in some way the Star's fault and not his own local postman.

What's the saying? "Everyone's out of step except our Johnny"?

I think we have a professional whinger here with an agenda against the Star.

• Like 1

This winds me up with Royal Mail and other delivery companies. The person sending is the customer and has to do the complaining. It's winds me up even more when I have had to pay for postage, meaning I AM the customer.

Sadly, companies rarely want to spend the time complaining to the delivery company.

Living in the outskirts of Britain , I gave up relying on newsagents for my SS.

With a subscription, I have not had problems.... arrives Thursday except Bank holiday weeks when it is Friday.

THAT'S good to hear although even in a Bank Holiday week, such as this one, the mag still leaves Surbiton at 10am on a Wednesday.

This winds me up with Royal Mail and other delivery companies. The person sending is the customer and has to do the complaining. It's winds me up even more when I have had to pay for postage, meaning I AM the customer.

Sadly, companies rarely want to spend the time complaining to the delivery company.

WITH regard's to tyretrax's dilemma, we haver spoked to Royal Mail and they say that all copies are forwarded from the sorting office at the same time (obviously) and they cannot put a trace on one copy to ascertain where the delay is occurring.

I think you're right.

The Star post out a few thousand magazines every Wednesday, and they all drop through letterboxes all over the country every Thursday.....except one.

...and it's always the same one.

Even if this were true (and I don't believe for one minute that it is) then only someone without a single operating braincell could think this was in some way the Star's fault and not his own local postman.

What's the saying? "Everyone's out of step except our Johnny"?

I think we have a professional whinger here with an agenda against the Star.

I don't know if you are on F.B. but I was not the only one having problems. As for your coments about lying, what would I gain by lying? On number of brain cells, with only having one, I must be on the genius level of Einstine. :o