British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Willowman

2017 Admission Prices

IMO if you don't touch the tapes, the ref should let it go, if he touches or breaks them he's out, if the rider wants to gamble on that fair enough

• Like 7

Are you James Sarjeant? :lol: If that criteria was brought in ~ and I agree with your post ~ then James would be getting a few maximums instead of being called back every time he makes a good start.

Are you James Sarjeant? :lol: If that criteria was brought in ~ and I agree with your post ~ then James would be getting a few maximums instead of being called back every time he makes a good start.

agree James doesn't touch the tapes very often he quick out and away \

How has the OP title "2017 Admission Prices" come to be "Touching Tapes" - its amazing how threads go off track.

• Like 1

I posted this a while ago in "New starting procedures" in Main Topic "The Way Ahead".

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

A system could be used similar to motor racing. Transponders used to monitor movement, do away with tapes & have an overhead/track canopy 20/25metres down from the start with red lights for ready & then green for go. All the riders are facing forward which eliminates the chance of riders on gates 1 & 4 moving slightly with the riders on 2 & 3 going & getting penalized

Edited by IronScorpion

IMO if you don't touch the tapes, the ref should let it go, if he touches or breaks them he's out, if the rider wants to gamble on that fair enough

Fully agree with this especially when you see a rider make a perfect start but gets pulled back because the other 3 make poorer starts. If you don't touch the tapes then there is no infringement.

• Like 3

How has the OP title "2017 Admission Prices" come to be "Touching Tapes" - its amazing how threads go off track.

Amazing. :lol: Mind you the topic title doesn't really hold much interest to a Coventry fan like me because I don't even know if we will have a track never mind what the admission price will be. I was going to get a season ticket for next season too so it would be easier to get in with a dog, bag, chair and probably crutches too the way I'm going.

Sorry to point the thread back towards it's original subject but have any clubs now been brave enough to risk putting up prices for this season?

Possibly if a club is changing leagues the there will be a case to increase (or decrease) entry prices but surely no other club would be foolish enough to increase prices by more than 1%?

And if there has been an increase, was the club decent enough to attempt to justify it?

I'm keeping an eye on the clubs that I have been known to patronize but rather suspect that clubs might try and sneak any price increase through at the last minute in the hope that nobody will notice.

Sorry to point the thread back towards it's original subject but have any clubs now been brave enough to risk putting up prices for this season?

Possibly if a club is changing leagues the there will be a case to increase (or decrease) entry prices but surely no other club would be foolish enough to increase prices by more than 1%?

And if there has been an increase, was the club decent enough to attempt to justify it?

I'm keeping an eye on the clubs that I have been known to patronize but rather suspect that clubs might try and sneak any price increase through at the last minute in the hope that nobody will notice.

Swindon even sent season tickets out with only 15 meetings when it was supposed to cover 17😀😀

Nope we never used to have any gardening, it needs to stop.

I'm confused now after your post on the Leicester thread. So when did gardening start? And if your answer is the 1980s, why does it need to stop now rather than say 20 years ago?
  • Like 1